Skip to main content

News

Topic: Forum theming (Read 4845 times) previous topic - next topic

Forum theming
This forum has all of...two themes, both being drab, generic default ones. Does a forum theme competition sound like a good idea, possibly to get some more community involvement?

Re: Forum theming
Reply #1
I'm actually about to start a UI class this semester, maybe I could use this as part of my project for that class :P

Reply #2
I'd like to help with this. I would really like to have a cleaner, less gradienty bright theme with high DPI icons.

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #3
I swear N E O was working on restoring the older black/white theme.
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here
Sphere Studio editor here

Reply #4
I recall that. That's how we got the large logo and blank banner in the bright theme.

I was excited for that. I still am!

But I suspect NEO has bigger fish to fry on Spherical...

• N E O
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Senior Administrator
Reply #5

But I suspect NEO has bigger fish to fry on Spherical...

This, but also a pretty significant off-forum life situation that is not yet resolved. I don't feel comfortable recounting it yet until its resolution.

My Spherical project queue is as follows: resolve the wiki issues, update the forum's anti-spam, update the forum as needed, then continue working on the custom theme that I started. I started a theme that is currently incomplete and as a result is opt-in by request PM if you want to be a beta tester. Once complete I will definitely set it to public and almost certainly set it to be the default forum theme.