Skip to main content

News

Topic: Hello people (Read 5745 times) previous topic - next topic

Hello people
Hi,

My name is Hudell (at least on the internet, in real life my name is Pierre). I'm 25 years old and I'm coming back to spheredev after ~7 years.
I didn't find my old user, so I just created a new one.

Back in that time, I was just starting as a programmer, and didn't really have any JS skills. I came back to see how things are because I have an ambicious game I want to make (I will talk more about it at some point).

So, I noticed there's a new Sphere Editor out there now, but it didn't really work for me (The program crashed everytime I opened the tileset editor), so I went back to version 1.5
Yesterday night I kept playing with it, trying to remember how things work and I must say I'm quite happy with the way sphere does things.
I will check the forums to see what changed in these years, but for now, this is just a hello.
Check out my game :) www.fantasyfarming.com

• Rahkiin
  • [*][*][*]
Re: Hello people
Reply #1
Hello then! Welcome back!

• N E O
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Senior Administrator
Reply #2
Things have changed, indeed. Since there was a server issue a while back everyone had to essentially start over. Wayback Machine has much of our old wiki content but porting it has been a bit slow.

Welcome back! Who were you previously, if you don't mind me asking?

Reply #3

Welcome back! Who were you previously, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm not really sure what was my username at that time, but it probably was either Slack2028 or FlickHudell.
I used to post screenshots of a game I was making using graphics from RpgMakerXP. And I remember I had started and never finished a ScriptEditor for Sphere in 2006.

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #4
I remember the name 'Slack' or some varianty of it. In any case, welcome back to the forums! I'm looking forward to your project and seeing what you may add since it has been 7 years. :)

As you see the community may not be as active as it once was.

Hudell, what editor were you using the stock 1.6 editor or my Sphere Studio? I'm curious about the error if it was my editor.
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here
Sphere Studio editor here

Reply #5

Hudell, what editor were you using the stock 1.6 editor or my Sphere Studio? I'm curious about the error if it was my editor.

I tried your version first. But I had problems both with your editor and 1.6, and I don't quite remember what happened in each one.
I will use your version again to see if anything still happens.

Stock 1.6 just crashed on me again when trying to open the "tileset" tab in the map edition window.

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #6

Stock 1.6 just crashed on me again when trying to open the "tileset" tab in the map edition window.

Ah, 1.6 is still in beta, and the editor has some bad memory leaks when dealing with the tilesets and map editing. Especially when you select a series of tiles and paint on them in the tile drawing area.

The plus side of my editor is that I am still willing to accept bugs to fix and other requests. Though I may not actively develop it anymore, I will still try to maintain it. The old 1.6 editor is unlike to change anytime soon.
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here
Sphere Studio editor here

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Used Sphere for, like, half my life
Reply #7
Welcome back! (I don't really remember you either, though... :( )