Skip to main content

News

Topic: Hello, we meet again (Read 6304 times) previous topic - next topic

Hello, we meet again
Hi guys, you may not remember me, but I used to be a regular here about 3-5 yrs ago (2010-2012 I guess?). The reason I stopped coming around was because of that forum wipe out that had happened a few yrs ago and the fact I went to college a little more than a yr ago.

I can't promise that I'll be a regular again, but I'll try to post bits and pieces of old and salvaged projects that I've attempted over the yrs.

I have a feeling that out of everyone, radnen will probably be the only one who recognizes me, lol.

How the community been doing all these yrs?

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Re: Hello, we meet again
Reply #1
Hi, I know you. Welcome back! (I think you had an RMN account?)

We'd love to hear what you've done and what you're willing to do next. Welcome back.
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here
Sphere Studio editor here

Reply #2
Yes, I had a RMN account. I can't access it anymore because I can't remember my password on it. (It was also another email ago too)

I feel like there's a lot less people roaming around here now.

How did your space frontier game go? Also, is sphere 1.5 still relevant? (a game I started in college was made in 1.5)
  • Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 05:37:44 pm by sirmattei

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #3

Yes, I had a RMN account. I can't access it anymore because I can't remember my password on it. (It was also another email ago too)

They might have a password reset feature?

I feel like there's a lot less people roaming around here now.

Yeah, it does seem that way. We've lost everyone from Arcygenical to Steax (Kudos if you know everyone else in between).

How did your space frontier game go? Also, is sphere 1.5 still relevant? (a game I started in college was made in 1.5)

I'm still chipping away at that game, but it seems only my SSFML engine is fast enough to play it with full quality. MiniSphere is doing much better and still is better than Sphere 1.5.

If you've made a game for Sphere 1.5 don't fret, it should run in minisphere no sweat. We've (Lord English and I) have been working on improvements to my Sphere Studio, so someday down the road Expect Great Things.
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #4

We've (Lord English and I) have been working on improvements to my Sphere Studio, so someday down the road Expect Great Things.

Most notably, debug support.  You'll soon be able to step through Sphere code the same way you can in Visual Studio! :D
neoSphere 5.9.2 - neoSphere engine - Cell compiler - SSj debugger
forum thread | on GitHub

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #5

We've (Lord English and I) have been working on improvements to my Sphere Studio, so someday down the road Expect Great Things.

Most notably, debug support.  You'll soon be able to step through Sphere code the same way you can in Visual Studio! :D

I honestly think that feature will be a great tool for newcomers and veterans alike. Imagine catching stupid errors by stepping through problem areas.

Sphere-sfml here

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Used Sphere for, like, half my life
Reply #6
I recognize you! Welcome back, hope to see you stick around. :)