Skip to main content

News

Topic: Spherical Downloads Repository (Read 17914 times) previous topic - next topic

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Used Sphere for, like, half my life
Re: Downloads repository
Reply #15

@DaVince - I recommend putting up the documentation format on a thread so we all have something to refer to.

Assuming you're talking about an additional metadata file for Sphere projects, I've started writing a spec. It's viewable (publicly) here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/13q4tDmkflPWkVOWcP8zkqX5kbr8Wk_PXYMKOl5jUSFE/edit?usp=sharing

Please feel free to join in. Anyone with the right account details (Neo, Radnen) can help get this spec right, too.

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #16

• N E O
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Senior Administrator
Reply #17
I'm sure I (or someone else here just in case) can come up with a simple way to list on the main site downloads that are shared from that GDrive. Worst comes to worst I'll probably just hardcode the given links and write a script to list them or something.

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #18

I'm sure I (or someone else here just in case) can come up with a simple way to list on the main site downloads that are shared from that GDrive. Worst comes to worst I'll probably just hardcode the given links and write a script to list them or something.

It's actually rather easy - we make one main folder we put everything else in, and share that folder.

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #19
From now on, all games should have an info.txt included in their game directory (alongside game.sgm). Full specs on what the file looks like here.

Anyone is free to comment on this and give suggestions.

When this info.txt becomes final

• In two days or so, if there's no more comments, I'll finalize this and it'll become the final spec.

• I'll start writing info.txt files for all the game projects I have backed up, and upload the games onto the repository one by one.

• Made a game? You can help by writing the info.txt files yourself and including them in your game's directory, then sending me the game!

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #20
I've been setting things up, and the downloads repo is almost ready to be released publicly! Only thing I need to know from people is if the format of info.txt looks good, and if people would include such a file with their game.

Example info.txt:
Code: [Select]

The Best Game Of Your Life
Version 1.0
Pete Anderson, His brother
pete@anderson.com, his@brother.com
[Official site](www.thebestgame.com), [Forum](spheredev.org/abc)
Licensed: GPL 2.0

Description
===========
This is the best game you'll ever play.
I mean, you play as this weird thing, you know? And it just kind of does stuff. Ain't that awesome?

Controls
========

Keyboard
--------
Q = Jump

Joystick
--------
Button 1 = Jump
Button 6 = Float around a bit

Credits
=======
Pete Anderson - he made the game!
His brother - for input and stuff!
The Sphere community (spheredev.org) - you know who you are!

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Re: Spherical Downloads Repository
Reply #21
Above spec will be used for extra info files included in games from now on. We'll start making these info files for every games and upload them to the repository!