Skip to main content

News

Topic: SourceForge (Read 5124 times) previous topic - next topic

• N E O
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Senior Administrator
SourceForge
Sphere's SourceForge site is now once again accessible! Its forums, on the other hand, seem to generate a PHP error and I haven't yet turned on display_errors so I don't know what the problem is (I'm assuming some deprecated functionality being used or something SF's hosting might now block with mod_security or something).

Downloads section is accessible, though the links are likely external so YMMV regarding success of retrieval. Wayback Machine might help in that regard, and it might behoove us to put anything there we can DL onto the Repo under an "Old Resources" subfolder or something.

Most sections seem to be accessible, though I'm of the mind that any white-page results are due to unhandled PHP errors from the old CMS software. I may turn off new registrations and re-purpose it as archives once a decision can be reached regarding how to best use SourceForge for Sphere's purposes in this modern web.

Re: SourceForge
Reply #1
I believe that sourceforge is still a good way to distribute binaries, although I find it less useful than github for source distribution.

Perhaps just leave it as a way to get binaries and source for official release?

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Used Sphere for, like, half my life
Reply #2
Downloads section is accessible, though the links are likely external so YMMV regarding success of retrieval. Wayback Machine might help in that regard, and it might behoove us to put anything there we can DL onto the Repo under an "Old Resources" subfolder or something.

I think I already have all the downloads. Most of them are already on the repo too, I think... At least Kooparoids is on the repo, as well as all the old Sphere releases, so...

• N E O
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Senior Administrator
Reply #3
Question: any tutorials from the SourceForge site y'all want to see reposted onto the wiki? Before the Great Reset I had transferred some onto the wiki and was planning on putting more, but since we're still kinda starting from scratch with it again is there anything in particular of higher priority than the others?

I'm already planning on redoing the Wild-Tiger tutorials (ESPECIALLY the Shop Tutorial) and updating them for modern Sphere engines and modern JavaScript practices.