Skip to main content

News

Topic: Canasta, by Defiant (Read 3844 times) previous topic - next topic

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Used Sphere for, like, half my life
Canasta, by Defiant
So this is not my project, obviously, but I just happened to stumble through it while looking at active and old members on Spherical. And then I found a blog, maintained by Defiant... and then I found a game he'd been working on and recently released.

The game in question is Canasta, a classic card game I distinctly remember playing with my grandparents. He finished a 1.0 release of it back in May, and it's all made in good old Sphere. (It works perfectly in miniSphere too). I figured I'd post it here. I uh, kinda hope he doesn't mind, but then again, what is a blog for?

https://tequiladen.wordpress.com/2017/05/06/threw-it-out-there/

Re: Canasta, by Defiant
Reply #1
Holy crap... I didn't think anyone read that blong  :D

I also threw my Catan knock-off game on my blog as well, https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B913ZNgxoiHFVUVISk1mVWVHTTg/view?usp=sharing

It has networking/client chat and rough server capabilities.

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Used Sphere for, like, half my life
Reply #2
Hi Defiant, it's nice to see you here! I was really surprised when I stumbled across your blog and these games, and I gotta say... this is really nice stuff. :D

Also, kinda figured that Traders was based on Catan. I'd like to check that out in more detail, but the fact that it's client-server means I would have to find someone else to play it with first.

Reply #3
Yea, it was meant as a platform for me and a few friends to be able to play together from a distance. Worked pretty good.

Bots as well as cities & knights is scheduled for the 2.0 release, which I haven't really haven't progressed on.

I know I need better presentation on both the games as there's no control scheme present without really looking into the code a bit.
Ooops!