News

Topic: The Screenshot Thread (Read 94624 times) previous topic - next topic

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Re: The Screenshot Thread
Reply #45
@Angry_Pirate: I think the trees are great, but for the grass I would change the hue. Push the grass more towards the yellow-green hue and I think it'll stand out a bit more.
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here
Sphere Studio editor here

Reply #46
The layout in the top shot looks a tad repetitive. But I really like the style.

Reply #47

The layout in the top shot looks a tad repetitive. But I really like the style.

Yeah but well the player won't be able to see all of the trees at a go, at most maybe 2 layers of trees.

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #48
Showing off my shiny new attack menu. ;D
neoSphere 5.9.2 - neoSphere engine - Cell compiler - SSj debugger
forum thread | on GitHub

Reply #49

Nice! I like the multiple colours. Just a question, are the hp for the NPCs and characters going to be insanely high like in Final Fantasy?

Reply #50
I changed the blacks of the grass and trees to a very dark shade of green to even out the contrast as suggested, looks great :)

A wild Viking appears! As well as a Scandinavian turf house. ps if the house looks a bit small, that's because the houses are partially underground to preserve heat. Pretty cool huh? The Vikings were awesome.

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #51

Nice! I like the multiple colours. Just a question, are the hp for the NPCs and characters going to be insanely high like in Final Fantasy?

I don't think so, wouldn't really work with the story aesthetic I'm going for with Specs. Maximum HP for characters is 999, bosses can have up to 10000.  That's a super-boss though, my final bosses average about 3000-5000 HP.
forum thread | on GitHub

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Used Sphere for, like, half my life
Reply #52

I changed the blacks of the grass and trees to a very dark shade of green to even out the contrast as suggested, looks great :)

A wild Viking appears! As well as a Scandinavian turf house. ps if the house looks a bit small, that's because the houses are partially underground to preserve heat. Pretty cool huh? The Vikings were awesome.

Nice and interesting! But there's no shading on the turf house roof... Shouldn't one side be darker than the other, considering lighting direction?

Reply #53

Nice and interesting! But there's no shading on the turf house roof... Shouldn't one side be darker than the other, considering lighting direction?

As requested :P

Gosh I hope I'm not spamming.

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Used Sphere for, like, half my life
Reply #54
It's not spamming if your post contributes something. ;)

Now it seems like the shadow is pointing in a different direction from the tree, though I'm not sure what a shadow is supposed to look like when it's sloped like that, in the first place... What I do know is that that left slope side is probably a bit too low to have such a big shadow, and it probably wouldn't cast over the viking character.

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #55
Here's another Spectacles screenshot showing off my nearly-completed HUD.  The only thing it's missing now is the CTB turn preview! :) (that's what the black bar at the top left is for)

You can't really tell from the screenshot, but the MP display is pretty neat.  As MP is used, the circle inside shrinks (yeah, that's a circle inside the box, you just can't tell here because the gauge is full).  Of course right now it's perpetually full because I haven't implemented attacks using MP yet.  And the reason there's only one MP gauge?  MP is shared amongst all party members (including benched ones).
forum thread | on GitHub

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #56

And the reason there's only one MP gauge?  MP is shared amongst all party members (including benched ones).

Now that's what I call a real mana pool. (A public pool) haha.
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here
Sphere Studio editor here

Reply #57
Just a thought,

You dont want people just carrying 100x mp restorative objects and using one every 10 turns or so.

Maybe to mix it up a bit you should regain a little mp per character per turn?

Then its not game over on a hard fight if you cant restore mp, you would just have to be more tactical

For example on guy could use ultima, or he could use fire, that way the other character would be able to use cure without restoring MP

just a thought. (kinda like last remnants AP)

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #58
@Harry: I've actually already considered that possibility (carrying a bunch of restoratives) and already have a system in place to deal with it: Each battler can only carry a small number of items at a time and every item has a certain number of times you can use it (e.g. 5x for regular Tonics, 1x for Alcohol which fully heals you but makes you drunk), so once those are gone, you have to wait till the fight is over to buy more.

And yes, MP will recover automatically over time. I may not even implement any MP-curing items, actually, but that's up in the air at this point.
forum thread | on GitHub

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #59
New HP gauges for party members!  The dynamic-size reserve pips are a feature of kh2Bar 1.7, which I haven't released yet.
forum thread | on GitHub