Skip to main content

News

Topic: Can't start game (Read 3461 times) previous topic - next topic

Can't start game
When my friend tries to start the game ( via engine.exe and the editor ), he gets the procedure entry point not found error. Any reason why? He's running it on Windows 8 btw

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Used Sphere for, like, half my life
Re: Can't start game
Reply #1
The error? This is the first I've ever heard of that error... ???
Googling that error gives me very varied results and the cause seems to be something related to corrupt/wrong version DLLs, but it's difficult to say what's happening unless we know what DLL he's having issues with.

Seems like you usually get a DLL file name with that error message, happen to have one? Maybe we can continue troubleshooting from there.

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #2
Either wrong DLL's or missing DLL's, that's all I can say. I have seen errors like this by installing something new over something old and not replacing overlapping files. You need to make sure the executable and it's binaries are up to date (usually the binaries for the executable are meant to go together). So, I'd just reinstall Sphere to a fresh, new directory and copy the games folder over.
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here
Sphere Studio editor here

• Mooch
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #3
I get this error...

"The procedure entry point JS_GetContextPrivate could nto be located in te dynamic link library js32.dll"

...when I copy js32.dll, which I downloaded after getting a "js32.dll missing" error, into the Sphere folder.

I tried reinstalling. Don't see how that could possibly help, but I did, and it didn't.