Skip to main content

News

Topic: Merry Christmas and a happy new year (Read 4100 times) previous topic - next topic

Merry Christmas and a happy new year
Hi everyone,

Approximately ten years ago I started my programming career, learning to program JavaScript with the amazing help of DaVince.
A lot has happened since then; I'm a lot more experienced now, still active in the game development scene.

Right now I'm focusing on functional programming with F# and Haskell, which is proving to be very interesting.
I'm working on two projects, one of which is a game about playfully exploring Euclidean geometry,
the other about the simple programs found in Stephen Wolfram's 'A new kind of science'.

Every now and then I feel nostalgic and check this website, and I must say I'm very glad to see it's still up!
It's been of crucial importance to the early phases of my learning process, and I'll always be grateful to this community.

I want to wish you all a merry Christmas and a very happy new year!

P.S.: I've added random screenshots of some work I did, hope you enjoy them :)
Edit: Just to be clear, they're screenshots of an actually interactive game, not random artwork
  • Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 04:23:19 pm by Nikoomba

• FBnil
  • [*][*]
Re: Merry Christmas and a happy new year
Reply #1
Merry X-mas to you too Nikoomba. (And of course, all members of the forum)
That looks like a puzzle game... after RPG's my favourites... do you control the positioning of the worlds, or the connections, or the circles?

Reply #2

Merry X-mas to you too Nikoomba. (And of course, all members of the forum)
That looks like a puzzle game... after RPG's my favourites... do you control the positioning of the worlds, or the connections, or the circles?

It's something like a puzzle game. The player can draw geometry. The game analyses whatever the player draws.
If it recognizes a shape, the player can find out more about what they drew(what kind of geometry is hidden inside what they drew for example).
It's a very experimental game about Euclidean geometry, with a slight focus on 'sacred' geometry.

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Used Sphere for, like, half my life
Reply #3
Wow! Hi there! I'm glad I've been meaningful/helpful to someone in their lives... Man, it's been ten years, huh.

The game you're working on looks intriguing. I'm rather curious about how you play the game and "solve" it.