Skip to main content

News

Topic: [EDITOR] Tile number overlays on map editors? (Read 7095 times) previous topic - next topic

• N E O
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Senior Administrator
[EDITOR] Tile number overlays on map editors?
So after Vakinox mentioned putting up some screenshots on Pixel Joint for critique I went to their forums to see what I had missed in the long time since I last visited it.

Well! There's a thread for a free image editor PaintCAD (apparently a port of a mobile Java app, but that's irrelevant). A particular feature of that editor is a tile editor, the screenshot of which overlaid tiles' indices over the tile images themselves.

I think this is a good idea and would like to see this implemented with a toggle on any/all Sphere map editors, maybe even similarly on spriteset editors and possibly animation (MNG) editors.

Re: [EDITOR] Tile number overlays on map editors?
Reply #1
I definitely would like to see this on spriteset editors!

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #2
One heck of a feature request! :P
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here
Sphere Studio editor here

• N E O
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Senior Administrator
Reply #3
Question - for the map/tile number overlays, would you only show the active layer's tile indices or would you find some way to show the entire tile stack for a given X,Y?

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #4
Good question. Possibly only the currently selected layer. But I might do something with mouse hover.
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here
Sphere Studio editor here