Spherical forums

General Discussion => Site Comments => Topic started by: Radnen on April 02, 2015, 01:15:41 pm

Title: Site Errors
Post by: Radnen on April 02, 2015, 01:15:41 pm
I often get "No Data Received" errors while visiting the forums. What's up with the hosting?

Do other people get this? It doesn't happen often, but I have lost a post or two because of it. (not a big problem for me as because I'm in the habit of copying the message before posting just to make sure).
Title: Re: Site Errors
Post by: Flying Jester on April 02, 2015, 02:44:19 pm
This has not happened to me.
Post by: Fat Cerberus on April 02, 2015, 02:44:42 pm
Hm, can't say I've seen anything like that.  The site has been rock-solid for me.  The only issue I've had is when visiting the forums on mobile, sometimes images get mixed up and various artifacts appear.
Post by: mezzoEmrys on April 02, 2015, 06:50:52 pm
I've no issues thus far; maybe your ISP is dropping connections for some reason?
Post by: Defiant on April 02, 2015, 08:21:48 pm
I've had a few issues with the wiki part of the site, for some reason it doesn't want to load up any of the pages, I just figured it doesn't exist any more and I doubt anyone really uses it to notice. I normally used it for the functions api.
Post by: Radnen on April 02, 2015, 09:15:00 pm
This happens at work too. Both home and work. I use Chrome 41.*.
Post by: Flying Jester on April 02, 2015, 09:30:22 pm
@Defiant: The wiki is really broken at the moment. You can still check out the API docs at https://github.com/sphere-group/sphere/tree/master/sphere/docs/development/ (https://github.com/sphere-group/sphere/tree/master/sphere/docs/development/), especially api.txt. It's not as good, but it's something.
Post by: N E O on April 03, 2015, 02:12:55 pm
Since I finally have a break from school I can take time to fix up the wiki. The other thing I've never come across, but I'll try to read error logs to see what happened.
Post by: Radnen on April 03, 2015, 09:15:55 pm
Well, this is the error.
Post by: N E O on April 04, 2015, 12:19:21 pm
Can you give me a bit more info to go on? Is it that version of Chrome only instead of on an older version? Do you often leave your comp on or in sleep mode instead of full shutdown when turning it "off?"
Post by: Radnen on April 06, 2015, 12:40:10 am
I get this too in Firefox. I get this often too, which sucks since I come here often. I just don't understand why this site is broken for me.

I am using Google's DNS rather than my ISP's. Does that have something to do with it?

I've had this happen to me for a month and a half now. I've been on Google's DNS for half a year without issue.
Post by: Flying Jester on April 06, 2015, 01:04:38 am
I use Google's DNS (8.8.4.4 and 8.8.8.8 ) as well as one of Comodo's, and I do not have this issue with SphereDev.

I would suspect this is an issue with your ISP.
Post by: Radnen on April 08, 2015, 12:18:32 am
Ok, I don't think I'm getting them anymore. I did turn off the AdBlock plugin for this website. It could have been doing it. :/