Skip to main content

News

Topic: Hello Again (Read 5484 times) previous topic - next topic

• Rahkiin
  • [*][*][*]
Hello Again
Yeah sorry, I was off the sphere-grid for a while.
It happens a lot to me, that I just lose interest for a couple of months, and then I just forget about it, until I get emails!

So what will I be doing? I will not be implementing my own engine anymore, as TS also works on OSX.
All I will be doing it working on Pegasus.

So, hi, again!

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Re: Hello Again
Reply #1
That's fine, minisphere 4.0 will be the first Pegasus compliant version.  I've actually already started development on some of the more low-level things, but my attention is divided between that and my game Spectacles.  The first three versions were in order to get everything stable and build up a full set of development tools (minisphere 3.0 has a debugger!) before I went making radical changes to the API design.
neoSphere 5.9.2 - neoSphere engine - Cell compiler - SSj debugger
forum thread | on GitHub

• Rahkiin
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #2
I would love to work together on Pegasus specs ;) As you said before, it is far from complete.

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Used Sphere for, like, half my life
Reply #3
Welcome back. I think a fair amount of people here are like that, except for the truly regulars. :)

• N E O
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Senior Administrator
Reply #4
Hoi! Thanks for the idea, I think we definitely need to call something sphere-grid, but what?

Reply #5

Yeah sorry, I was off the sphere-grid for a while.
It happens a lot to me, that I just lose interest for a couple of months, and then I just forget about it, until I get emails!

So what will I be doing? I will not be implementing my own engine anymore, as TS also works on OSX.
All I will be doing it working on Pegasus.

So, hi, again!

I've sort of switch gears. I don't really want to work on TurboSphere as a Sphere-compatible, at least not directly compatible.

I've begun building a new engine using the best parts of TurboSphere, but without worrying about being compatible with Sphere, and continuing to move even more into script. It's called Turbo.

• Rahkiin
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #6
So in the light of creating Pegasus, I decided to make an engine afterall. But without most of the trouble that comes with it. So I grabbed SpiderMonkey and SDL :P Got my project running now, SDL set up. So now I can actually do prototyping (and Pegasus can be blocking).

Together with Lord English we will build Pegasus into both Minisphere and Delphinus (my engine, Constellation next to Pegasus).

I won't have much time to put in it so it will be going slooooow.