News

Topic: The Sphere Studio v1.2.1 (Read 201014 times) previous topic - next topic

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Re: Radnen's Sphere Studio v1.1.7.0
Reply #435

Personally I hate WPF and avoid it like the plague.  Every time I've tried it I end up giving up in disgust.  WinForms I feel more closely models how a GUI app actually works.

True there, in fact I can *build* a GUI app three times faster in WinForms. But many businesses (like the one I work at) are not, for some odd reason, looking at people who build WinForms apps anymore.

But yes, WPF workflow is like HTML/CSS, but I'd pout the latter over the former any day of the week, hence Brackets being awesome.
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here
Sphere Studio editor here

• N E O
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Senior Administrator
Reply #436
Re opening Sphere formats in a brackets-like editor - Can we reuse the JS-based loading we've already written (i.e. all the web-based format loaders and casiotone's and Flying Jester's desktop JS loaders) to make this happen, or would we need to write brand new format loaders?

Re a brackets-like editor - It's been a long while since I've even looked at brackets; what would be the advantages of basing a Sphere IDE off of it rather than, say, GitHub Atom?

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #437

Re opening Sphere formats in a brackets-like editor - Can we reuse the JS-based loading we've already written (i.e. all the web-based format loaders and casiotone's and Flying Jester's desktop JS loaders) to make this happen, or would we need to write brand new format loaders?

Yes definitely possible. But there are actual file I/O API's that make it a lot easier than before. But in theory all web based approaches would work too.

Re a brackets-like editor - It's been a long while since I've even looked at brackets; what would be the advantages of basing a Sphere IDE off of it rather than, say, GitHub Atom?

http://electron.atom.io/

That would be the solution. To me Brackets and Atom are very similar in design and approach, there are no advantages one or the other. The exception being, Atom has this framework called Electron and it seems to do the trick. I'd create such a Sphere Editor with that.
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here
Sphere Studio editor here

Reply #438
I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but when I download the zip file in the OP in Firefox, it blocks it because it thinks it's malware. I can right click and have it unblock it, but I shouldn't have to do that in first place. Any ideas?

Reply #439
This is in Windows 10

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #440
Looks like a false positive on Mozilla's end (or Google's, since it's their blacklist being used).  There used to be a way to disable the download scanning, I don't remember it now or if it even still works.  Either way, not a lot you can do other than unblocking it after download.

I love the prompt on attempt to unblock:
This file contains a virus or other malware that will harm your computer.

You can search for an alternate download source or try to download the file again later

Not "this file may contain a virus", or "likely contains", no.  "This file contains a virus".  False positives are a well-known fact of life with malware scanning, and yet Firefox is acting like it's so sure of itself.  The ticks me off for some reason.  You're not the only one experiencing it:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1049744
neoSphere 5.9.2 - neoSphere engine - Cell compiler - SSj debugger
forum thread | on GitHub

Reply #441
Yeah, I thought that was kind of funny. I was just curious why it was throwing this with Radnen's editor

also, the editor won't start now. I tried to run it from explorer and got no response. I tried to run it from the command line and didn't get any output, so I ran it in Cygwin and got this

Code: [Select]

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Users\Joshua\Dropbox\Programming\Sphere\Plugins\FontEditPlugin.dll' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515) ---> System.NotSupportedException: An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous. If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569 for more information.
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadFrom(String assemblyFile, Evidence securityEvidence, Byte[] hashValue, AssemblyHashAlgorithm hashAlgorithm, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom(String assemblyFile)
   at SphereStudio.Global.EvalPlugins()
   at SphereStudio.IDEForm..ctor()
   at SphereStudio.Program.Main(String[] args)

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #442
Windows sandboxing.  The OS recognizes that the files came from the internet and won't run the editor with full trust, preventing plugins from loading.  Easiest way around it is to zip everything up into a new zip file and unzip to remove the flag.  Alternatively, you could just install the minisphere GDK and get Sphere Studio installed that way.
forum thread | on GitHub

Reply #443
>Lord English Special color scheme
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/007/839/f5753870a40ccef114a6cb88e7f48531.jpg

But yeah, I rezipped and unzipped it, and that fixed it.
  • Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 02:42:34 pm by Eggbert

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #444
Yeah, that color scheme didn't come out nearly as well as I envisioned it.  I should probably remove it. :P
forum thread | on GitHub

Reply #445
so is miniSphere the most feature-complete engine?

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #446
Yes, and it even has a debugger now. :)
forum thread | on GitHub

Reply #447
Damn. Like a console?

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #448
Well, more like MSVC.  It's built into the version of Sphere Studio included with the minisphere 1.7 GDK.  You can set breakpoints, step through the JS source, view variables and even inject code at runtime.
forum thread | on GitHub

Reply #449
Alright, I'm having an issue with setting my games folder. in my Dropbox older, I have Dropbox\Programming\Sphere
Inside the Sphere folder, there is games, minisphere GDK, and Sphere 1.6
I want to set the games folder as the project folder, but when I click save and/or apply, it drops the from the list. The games folder has the usual game folders with the usual game folder contents.