News

Topic: The Sphere Studio v1.2.1 (Read 200604 times) previous topic - next topic

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Re: Radnen's Sphere Studio v1.1.6.0
Reply #270

Edit: Building in VS2012 worked flawlessly and the FileLoadException is no longer thrown. Here's an x86 build that you can try:

The official build is done with VS2012 I'm almost positive.  I know the build I posted earlier in the thread was.
neoSphere 5.9.2 - neoSphere engine - Cell compiler - SSj debugger
forum thread | on GitHub

Reply #271
I think I figured out what that error was... it doesn't happen when you run from a fresh build. It happens if you try and run that build in your old Sphere directory - I'm guessing some of the old Sphere files are interfering.

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #272
Ah, makes sense. It's a version conflict with SciLexer.dll I bet.
forum thread | on GitHub

Reply #273
The new build seems to work for me, at least running from a distant directory. I'll just have to call it good and hope that this doesn't come up in the next update!
  • Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 06:44:53 pm by mezzoEmrys

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #274

The new build seems to work for me, at least running from a distant directory. I'll just have to call it good and hope that this doesn't come up in the next update!

What do you mean by a distant directory? It should just run in a fresh directory you create. If you attempt to merge it with the old Sphere directory and do not overwrite, say, SciLexer.dll you'll get a DLL load exception. Perhaps that was why it was failing for you?
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here
Sphere Studio editor here

Reply #275
I was running it from a subdirectory of my main Sphere directory, now i'm running a couple directories down and over. Upon further tests, moving the old versions to the same directory and running them also causes them to fail. Maybe I'm just cursed?

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #276
Odd, Sphere Studio doesn't appear to run on a clean install of Windows 8.1.  Double-click the icon and nothing happens--not even a crash, just... nothing.  It mysteriously started working again once I started installing my other programs, but I wasn't paying too close attention to which one finally fixed it... may have even been VS.
forum thread | on GitHub

Reply #277
I fixed my problem(the divide by zero error) with the script editor while running it in the same directory as the engine. Seems that you have to edit the JS files directly from notepad and avoid the comment syntax to have it edited in it. However, code completion did not work afterwards. The way new files are made also come with a file error while loading them(can't find ?.*).

I'm running Windows 7 Pro by the way.

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Used Sphere for, like, half my life
Reply #278
I wouldn't exactly call using other software because Sphere Studio's editor crashes for you a fix, though... :P

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #279
Yeah, and he said he's running it from the same folder as the engine, which we've already established you can't do due to DLL conflicts.

The ?.* error is odd though, I'll have to look into that.
forum thread | on GitHub

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #280

The ?.* error is odd though, I'll have to look into that.

It's been fixed when you moved things over to plugins. Also I have developed a list of bugs while play testing it one day:

// regressions:
- Name is untitled when loading files.
- Person names no longer updating on copy.
- Renaming doesn't work for file with same name.
- Windowstyle editor clobbered.
- Selecting last tile in a tileset causes an index exception.

// bugs:
- Clicking spriteset frame doesn't set the index in tileset.
- Color picker not selecting old color in font importer.
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #281
Does that untitled file bug affect all plugins? Because it seems to show the correct filename for me, at least with scripts and maps.  The only time I get an untitled file is when creating a new one (as is expected).
forum thread | on GitHub

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #282
Re untitled files:
I see it's just windowstyles and spritesets. Fonts say "Font Importer" when loading up a font.

I can start fixing some of these errors too, just sign on which ones you want to fix and I'll fix the rest.

Sphere-sfml here

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #283
Ill look into the index error on tilesets, what do you mean by the windowstyle editor being clobbered though?  It looked okay in my (admittedly limited) testing...

I can fix the untitled files as well, should be simple enough.
forum thread | on GitHub

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #284
I get an unhandled exception on the windowstyle plugin as soon as I load a file. Then it asks to continue or quit. 'Quit' will just close the offending tab, and then another unhandled exception pops up, and clicking quit will again close the tab.

I'll personally look into this one to see what's up.

Sphere-sfml here