Skip to main content

News

Topic: The Other Adventurer 3D (Read 4332 times) previous topic - next topic

The Other Adventurer 3D

Find the magical golden goat of glory inside the deadly dungeon. You have entered, and lo and behold! It lays right in front of you! But, it is across a gap too wide to reach. You are so close, but so far apart. Explore the dungeon and beat the 4 magical boss slimes to unlock the way into the evil slime king's lair. After he is slain, the path to the treasure you desire will be unlocked! But the way is long and dangerous, so be sure to restock your supplies in the nearby town and ask the townsfolk for helpful information.

Made at TOJam 14.

Download here: https://rpgmaker.net/games/11568/

Controls:
-WASD to move
-Left mouse to attack
-Right mouse to block (sword & shield only).
-E to use (eg: open chests, talk to people)
-1-4 to switch weapons
-Space to jump
-F5/F8 to Save/Load (not yet working)
-F1 to show help
-Escape to quit

Cheats:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So this is a simple 3d fps made with Sphere 1.5, using transformBlits for the 3d drawing.  Since transformBlits use affine texture mappings, I allow for up to 16 subdivisions of the quads to help with the distortions (as well as issues around quads spanning between being in front of the camera and behind it).  The engine limits out at about 400 quads on screen at once, which I've noticed before with The Rainis Manuscript with how transformBlits are done in Sphere v1.  As a result, it has an adorably early 90's frame rate.  Also, the distance sort function is a little off, but I couldn't be bothered to fix it.

Enjoy.

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Re: The Other Adventurer 3D
Reply #1
Pretty cool stuff, it's like old DOS FPSes (Doom, Wolfenstein 3D).  I forgot how low the ceilings looked in this type of game.
neoSphere 5.9.2 - neoSphere engine - Cell compiler - SSj debugger
forum thread | on GitHub