News

Topic: Windows 10 (Read 4637 times) previous topic - next topic

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Windows 10
It's out guys and it's awesome!

Look what it did when I ran a game in Sphere. I can record and stuff. Sphere Studio works, and heck everything works like it did out of the gate. It's amazing how there's little to no effort to upgrade to it. I'm impressed. :)
  • Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 02:41:48 am by Radnen
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here
Sphere Studio editor here

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Re: Windows 10
Reply #1
Yeah, it's the first version of Windows I'm willing to install as an upgrade instead of a clean install.  They really made the process seamless, and almost all apps even work without a reinstall, including huge complicated programs like Office and VS.  I was quite impressed, to say the least!

Oh, and minisphere works great on Win10 also. ;)  I wasn't aware of that recording feature though, how do you access that?
  • Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 12:34:06 am by Lord English
neoSphere 5.9.2 - neoSphere engine - Cell compiler - SSj debugger
forum thread | on GitHub

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #2
Hit Win + G, for minisphere  I had to do it twice or more and then tick a box 'yes, this is a game'. For Sphere 1.5 it just knew (weird). It's for all games, I might record some gameplay vids or something, perhaps use a v-log to spur development along?
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here
Sphere Studio editor here

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #3
Just tried it out with minisphere.  Built-in screen recording, that's awesome.  It doesn't seem to record the audio though...

The last time I did any kind of screen recording was when I was a kid, recording my NES gameplay (mostly Megaman 3) on VHS tapes. :P
neoSphere 5.9.2 - neoSphere engine - Cell compiler - SSj debugger
forum thread | on GitHub

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Used Sphere for, like, half my life
Reply #4

Hit Win + G, for minisphere  I had to do it twice or more and then tick a box 'yes, this is a game'. For Sphere 1.5 it just knew (weird).

minisphere uses accelerated graphics, so it's probably going into a direct recording mode. If you ran Sphere with a software plugin, it'd probably detect no GPU being in use by the program and thus used the more CPU-intensive software recording mode.

That's a 99% sure guess, anyway, since that's how other recording programs work.