Skip to main content

News

Topic: **READ ME FIRST (Read 9730 times) previous topic - next topic

• N E O
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Senior Administrator
**READ ME FIRST
This guide is for new members to read upon entering the forums for the first time.

General Posters
New members are once again allowed to post normally.

Verified Status
If you aren't already part of the "Verified" group, PM a GMod or Admin the answer to 5 + 2. This is to insure you can post if and when posting restrictions are once again imposed (to block bots from posting).

Welcome to the forums!
  • Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 10:55:01 am by DaVince

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Used Sphere for, like, half my life
Re: **READ ME FIRST
Reply #1
Aw, did bots manage to find their way in? :-\

• N E O
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Senior Administrator
Reply #2
So far not on the forums, but I apparently need to bolster the wiki's security.

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Used Sphere for, like, half my life
Reply #3
Alright. If there's no issue on the forums yet, I suggest not to put up that big registration barrier with manual verification.

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #4

Alright. If there's no issue on the forums yet, I suggest not to put up that big registration barrier with manual verification.

It was only supposed to be temporary until NEO adds the necessary safety procedures. So I don't think this will last much longer, unless there were complications?
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here
Sphere Studio editor here

• N E O
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Senior Administrator
Reply #5
I'll take a look at the forums tomorrow and likely choose to restore normal posting then. The wiki is another story entirely, however. :/

• N E O
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Senior Administrator
Reply #6
Ok, I've set the forum permissions so that regular users can post normally. If this gets to be a problem, however, I will restore the restrictions I had in place. Editing instructions now.

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #7
I edited your post to clarify the reason for verified vs non-verified. Perhaps one day the message can be further edited to include more or less a comprehensive list of various forum rules (but there doesn't have to be any if we feel like it).
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here
Sphere Studio editor here

• N E O
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Senior Administrator
Reply #8
Ah, good stuff thanks. Yea, eventually once we have a more thorough list of rules and such again we'll put them here.