Skip to main content

News

Topic: Guys, I urge you to get The Witcher 3 (Read 4166 times) previous topic - next topic

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Guys, I urge you to get The Witcher 3
Guys, you can get 20% off of The Witcher 3 on GOG.com if you happen to own Witcher 1 and 2 (regardless of where you bought the games). 15% off if you own one or the other, and 10% off if you own neither. The best deal tallies to $48 USD for the game (€35.45 EUR, £28.29 GBP).

You get a completely DRM free game (looking at you steam), and you get the entire Neverwinter Nights game (diamond edition, so all of it's DLC's) and all the other goodies that come with Witcher 3 (soundtrack, art, map, etc). Look, guys, this is easily the best deal I have seen ever in my gaming life. This is unbelievable in scope, cost, and freedom. This makes companies like EA weep; this is marketing that we are unlike to see until the next big CD Projekt Red game comes out. This is without a doubt the holy grail of all promos... and I don't know how long it will last. But I'm going to purchase it soon. Too bad the game comes out in Feb. 2015, I'll have to wait exactly 8 months. But it is so worth it.

Get it while it's hot! (I otherwise don't normally post about deals I see online).
  • Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 04:17:32 am by Radnen
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here
Sphere Studio editor here

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Used Sphere for, like, half my life
Re: Guys, I urge you to get The Witcher 3
Reply #1
I saw it. I saw many games. The summer sale on both GOG and Steam are in full swing, after all!

I definitely want this game - when I actually have the money to spend on it and the time to play it. Got Civ 5 for 75% off recently too, and I've hardly had time to play that, too. :(

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #2
What is it about, and what genre is it?  I've never played any of the Witcher games.
neoSphere 5.9.2 - neoSphere engine - Cell compiler - SSj debugger
forum thread | on GitHub

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #3

What is it about, and what genre is it?  I've never played any of the Witcher games.

It's a really solid RPG series by a Polish company called CD Projekt RED. The Witcher series had been a novel series (by Andrzej Sapkowski) until they made a video game adaptation of it. I put quite a few hours into the first two games, but am excitedly looking forward to the third game since it's going to be massively open world with a boat-load of things to do. New games release for $60, and so to get 20% off before the game releases is awesome. If you get it at GOG you directly support the developers.
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here
Sphere Studio editor here