News

Topic: Spherical Wiki (Read 24038 times) previous topic - next topic

• N E O
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Senior Administrator
Re: Spherical Wiki
Reply #30
Some articles restored; Radnen's second battle system tutorial is one of them.

@Radnen - That tutorial had a lot of potential, I'd love to see it filled some more!

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #31
Thank you for doing that! I'll see about implementing a version of that tutorial.
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here
Sphere Studio editor here

• N E O
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Senior Administrator
Reply #32
NOTICE: I've put into place a mechanism by which an article can link to alternate language versions of an article. Visit this MediaWiki page to see how to create an article in a language other than English and what to transclude so that the article links to all of its available languages.

Visit the Sphere page and its newly created Spanish translation (which I hope doesn't suck too bad! ;)  ) to see it in action live.

I hope this is useful in the future, as I know we have a more than a few users who speak and/or write a language that's not English and this officially give us the opportunity to properly store articles on the wiki in alternate languages :)

• N E O
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Senior Administrator
Reply #33
Added the ability to add citations to an article like Wikipedia; visit https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Cite/Cite.php#Usage and https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Cite/Special:Cite.php#Example for usage.

• N E O
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Senior Administrator
Reply #34
MAJOR UPDATE: Added the Math extension and it uses MathJax (JavaScript) for rendering. Visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Math (particularly the Formatting using TeX section) for instructions on what TeX/LaTeX the <math> element supports.

• Mooch
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #35
Is the Wiki down? It connects, but just shows a blank page when I try going to it.

Reply #36
Yes.

It's a 500: Internal Error. DaVince and I both alerted Neo, who is working on the issue.

I'm sure Neo can tell you more.

• Mooch
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #37
Alright, thanks.

I just wanted to look up one of the beginners guides to get my head back in the game.

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Used Sphere for, like, half my life
Reply #38
Both registration and logging in seem to be pretty broken on the wiki right now, as a result of the server upgrade a while ago. I'm going to look into it.

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Used Sphere for, like, half my life
Reply #39
Edit: I stated the wiki is under maintenance mode, but I disabled this again for the time being. Updating the wiki is a task that will take some time.

In the meantime, if you need to have a new account, please let me know.
  • Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 03:08:53 pm by DaVince