Skip to main content

News

Topic: JavaSphere Redux (Read 14105 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: JavaSphere Redux
Reply #15
I like the idea, and reusing the swords. For once the logo actually has a sphere in it!

I believe the old, Sun-era Java logo is CDDL licensed, so there wouldn't be issues with that. It's older...but it's also Sun...

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #16
You could always use Duke, the Java mascot.  The character is open-source, just like Tux for Linux.
neoSphere 5.9.2 - neoSphere engine - Cell compiler - SSj debugger
forum thread | on GitHub

Reply #17

I like the idea, and reusing the swords. For once the logo actually has a sphere in it!

That was the idea. I never understood why the logo had nothing to do with a sphere.

You could always use Duke, the Java mascot.  The character is open-source, just like Tux for Linux.

I had no idea what its name was. Would most people associate that with Java? I've always thought of Java's main logo as being the cup. I mean even the Wikipedia page still has it. If licensing isn't an issue though, I might just go with that.

• N E O
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Senior Administrator
Reply #18
Sphere has a logo and you may put swords on it if you like:

I made a version that has simulated lighting using gradients, but I don't have access to the vector of it at the moment.

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Used Sphere for, like, half my life
Reply #19
Maybe you could put the swords over a stylized round coffee cup.

• FBnil
  • [*][*]
Reply #20
The J in the icon with swords should be fatter and more prominent. Maybe even centered, and behind one of the swords? Also the font is too plain, use something more epic (but keep it readable).
I like the colour. Not too screamy, blends in with the soft grays.