News

Topic: neoSphere 5.9.2 (Read 522316 times) previous topic - next topic

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Re: minisphere 1.4.2
Reply #705
I think I'll throw -pedantic into my SConscript for a bit and see what output I get out of Travis.  I don't have a Linux machine set up yet so I can't test it myself.

edit: Well, I broke the build--std=c99 doesn't define M_PI etc. apparently.

As for pedantic warnings, the only thing I can see is implicit declarations of standard library functions--which means I just forgot an include.  Even Duktape itself was silent.

edit 2: Well that's kind of annoying.  Apparently scons quits after the first file that has errors.  I like MSVC's build system, it will keep going anyway so you get to see if anything else has errors without having to keep restarting the build.
  • Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 05:09:10 pm by Lord English
neoSphere 5.9.2 - neoSphere engine - Cell compiler - SSj debugger
forum thread | on GitHub

• FBnil
  • [*][*]
Reply #706
  • Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 05:32:03 pm by FBnil

Reply #707

edit 2: Well that's kind of annoying.  Apparently scons quits after the first file that has errors.  I like MSVC's build system, it will keep going anyway so you get to see if anything else has errors without having to keep restarting the build.

There is some option to change that, but I forget what it is.

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #708

MSVC:
[Clippy macro]

Heh... Haha.... ... BWAHAHAHAHAHHAA!  That's perfect.  Absolutely perfect.

I hated that stupid paperclip.  Thank god they had the decency to never implement Agent in MSVC, could you imagine the nightmare? :P

I always did have a soft spot for the cat though.  Annoying as it was I used to enable Agent anyway just to see the cat roll around and play, it was cute.  I turned off all the stupid "hints" though, of course. ;)
forum thread | on GitHub

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #709
Hm, I don't think this is too bad:
https://travis-ci.org/fatcerberus/minisphere/jobs/68574196

Rather noisy, but it looks like the vast majority of the warnings are C90 violations (long long, C++-style comments, etc.).  The only ones that really concern me are these:

Code: [Select]
obj/color.c:32:3: warning: initializer element is not computable at load time [enabled by default]

This happens when I declare and initialize a large structure, usually an array of vertices, inline.  The alternative is to set the individual struct members directly, which would be uglier.

So yeah, -pedantic wasn't nearly as scary as I thought it would be.  A testament to how clean the codebase is, I guess. :D
forum thread | on GitHub

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Re: minisphere 1.4.3
Reply #710
minisphere 1.4.3 is up.  This is the first release to be distributed as an installer!  This is convenient, as the installer will automatically associate the engine with SGM and SPK files (the 64-bit engine is associated on 64-bit Windows).  Go try it out!

Oh, I was going to include Sphere Studio, but it doesn't work when run from Program Files, it just terminates immediately, I assume because it tries to save its .ini file in the editor directory...
  • Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 03:10:32 am by Lord English
forum thread | on GitHub

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #711
Just updated the 1.4.3 download, the installer now includes Sphere Studio. :D

@Radnen: I hope you don't mind... ;)  Also, check your pull requests. 8)
forum thread | on GitHub

Reply #712

Rather noisy, but it looks like the vast majority of the warnings are C90 violations (long long, C++-style comments, etc.).  The only ones that really concern me are these:
Code: [Select]
obj/color.c:32:3: warning: initializer element is not computable at load time [enabled by default]

In ansi C (and actually up to C11), initializer lists must be entirely made up of compile-time constants. Of course, common compilers can handle this kind of thing, which is why it ended up being in the C11 standard.

I think you can silence the comment error with "-Wno-comment".

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #713
So it seems I broke screenshots at some point... Oops.  I changed it to put them in ~/Sphere Files/Screenshots (home dir, not Sphere's definition of ~/), but forgot to have it create the screenshots folder.  So yeah, screenshots don't work unless you create the folder manually first.  It will be fixed in the next update.
forum thread | on GitHub

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Re: minisphere 1.4.4
Reply #714
minisphere 1.4.4 is up, fixing the screenshot bug.  The installer now pre-configures Sphere Studio as well (without clobbering existing settings), and creates presets for minisphere.  This should hopefully make the engine much more accessible to newbies! :)

edit: Make that 1.4.5.  I discovered a bug in the installer, it won't give the option to install Sphere Studio.  This fixes it.

I also split minisphere into two downloads.  The GDK includes Sphere Studio and minisphere Console, while the redistributable only includes the standard engine and sample games.
  • Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 12:53:21 pm by Lord English
forum thread | on GitHub

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Re: minisphere 1.4.5 with Sphere Studio
Reply #715
So, funny story: I'm all tapped out of ideas for how to improve minisphere any further.  This is probably a good thing since it means the engine is pretty much a complete, comprehensive package, but it's driving me bonkers with boredom. :P

I keep hoping for one more big feature idea so I can get minisphere to v1.5, but no such inspiration yet...

... any ideas? ;)
forum thread | on GitHub

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Re: minisphere 1.4.6 with Sphere Studio
Reply #716
minisphere 1.4.6 is up with a few minor fixes.  I found a bug where screenshots could be washed out because the backbuffer's alpha channel was incorrectly preserved when saving.  I also fixed the lack of a taskbar icon for games with no icon.png.

Additionally, I dug up the SVG version of the Spherical icon NEO posted a while back and scaled it up 768x768, so now minisphere has a proper Win10-ready icon. :)
forum thread | on GitHub

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #717

Additionally, I dug up the SVG version of the Spherical icon NEO posted a while back and scaled it up 768x768, so now minisphere has a proper Win10-ready icon. :)

Awesome!
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here
Sphere Studio editor here

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #718
Tip of the day: SphereFS enables creating games which can share save data.  For example, carrying over stats and such to a sequel, or similar such systems.  To do this, use a  ~usr/ path:

~usr/SpectaclesSaga/BrucesStory_fileA.save.

~usr/ points to the same location for all games, so they can share data!
forum thread | on GitHub

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Re: minisphere GDK 1.4.7
Reply #719
New release. :)
forum thread | on GitHub