Skip to main content

News

Topic: Hello again in this new forum (Read 5496 times) previous topic - next topic

Hello again in this new forum
I wasn't particularly active as I would have liked to have been in the old forum. My old user name was Ivan Storm. I'm glad sphere peaked my interest in coding (and of course video game design as a hobby) and I remember several of you, or at least your old usernames (given I was 14-15 ten years ago)
Where any old archives of the old forum made? I am trying to get a hold of old work I had done and unfortunately there were no backups of my hard drive from back then to continue my childhood projects.
To be honest, I wish I never gave up. At 14, I could never have envisioned the App marketplace existing, and many of you here have probably ported over your own games into one app marketplace or the other.
Shout out to Davince for keeping your old forums up. I found some of my old postings and clues to where I was from back in 06.

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Used Sphere for, like, half my life
Re: Hello again in this new forum
Reply #1
Hi, welcome back!

The old forum got lost completely, unfortunately... I don't know if there are any games or demos that you released at the time, but you could always check the Downloads drive and see if it's in there. Or maybe someone else might still have them, who knows... What games were they again?

Shout out to Davince for keeping your old forums up.

Those shoutouts go to casiotone for hosting the new Spherical, and also to N E O (formerly NeologiX) for taking over as admin from rjt at some point! I'm just here as a long-time member (and now moderator, I suppose). It's good to have you here again. :)

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #2
Uh... DaVince, check your post count.  Are you the demon oracle now...? ;)
  • Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 07:49:16 pm by Lord English
neoSphere 5.9.2 - neoSphere engine - Cell compiler - SSj debugger
forum thread | on GitHub

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Used Sphere for, like, half my life
Reply #3

Uh... DaVince, check your post count.  Are you the demon oracle now...? ;)

Not me! :P

(And with this... it's gone!)

Reply #4
I most certainly got way to wrapped up in my internship I forgot to check back. No, Unfortunely I uploaded nothing. The games I was working on was mainly a Megaman Battle Network Homepage (which I did finish and have since lost and never uploaded) and Random anime clash map. I never did much with both of them but those spritesets from both took days -_-

Guess the first lesson in programming is backup, backup, backup.
My last copy was on a flash drive from long ago and that died. I'm sure we all love that solid state data save rate 0.0

Any who, thanks for the helps dudes. Playing around with Sphere again would be fun for nostalgic reasons at the very least. Or possibly some throwaway prototyping.