Skip to main content

News

Topic: Awesome collection of pixel fonts (Read 5584 times) previous topic - next topic

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Used Sphere for, like, half my life
Awesome collection of pixel fonts
So I just found this URL:
http://www.1stwebdesigner.com/freebies/free-premium-pixel-fonts/

Many, many pixelated fonts in different styles. I always had trouble finding good pixelated fonts for use in low-res games, but there's 65 of 'em here, and most are of pretty high quality. Thought I should share it.

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Re: Awesome collection of pixel fonts
Reply #1
These are nice.  I think I'll stick with the default Sphere font for Spectacles though, so far that seems to fit the overall aesthetic of the game the best.
neoSphere 5.9.2 - neoSphere engine - Cell compiler - SSj debugger
forum thread | on GitHub

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #2
I couldn't get a few to run on the web for a website. They seem to have invalid ttf signatures. Oh well.
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here
Sphere Studio editor here

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Used Sphere for, like, half my life
Reply #3
Yeah, I'm guessing some fonts might not work perfectly. I'm mostly linking this for their bitmappy potential in games. :)

These are nice.  I think I'll stick with the default Sphere font for Spectacles though, so far that seems to fit the overall aesthetic of the game the best.

It also comes with a by-default "ugh,  this font again" feeling, though, as it has been used in dozens and dozens of demos before it. Kind of the same effect that Arial, Comic Sans or Times new Roman might have.

Not stopping you from using it, mind, but it's just a point to be aware of. Of course, people who don't use Sphere also won't be aware that the font is a default one.