Skip to main content

News

Topic: [SOLVED][Editor](W7) Conrana.dll is missing  (Read 8151 times) previous topic - next topic

[SOLVED][Editor](W7) Conrana.dll is missing
I've created a new directory titled "Sphere dev" and extracted sphere 1.5 to it. however when I try to open the editor I get prompted that "Program can't start because Corona.dll is missing from your system" Am I supposed to install corona.dll into the install directory or is my install procedure wrong.

EDIT: I've downloaded and extracted the corona.dll into the directory now I get this:

I gotta love my luck.
  • Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 10:33:36 am by Merek55

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Used Sphere for, like, half my life
Re: [Editor](W7) Conrana.dll is missing
Reply #1
No, everything is just supposed to work. Especially since corona.dll is right there in the screenshot! Not sure what's going wrong here.

Where did you extract this to? Maybe something is going wrong with the file rights. Does running it from a different location or as admin solve the problem?

Another solution you could try is using Radnen's Sphere Studio, a different, newer editor. That one is available here.

Reply #2

No, everything is just supposed to work. Especially since corona.dll is right there in the screenshot!

That's because he moved it there. :P Where did you get that corona.dll Merek55? I suspect it's a wrong version. For that matter, where did you download Sphere from? I'm pretty sure our normal archive has Corona in it. :/

Well, anyway, here's the corona.dll that came with my Sphere 1.5. Try this one.

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #3
Looking at that screenshot, he's missing a bunch of DLL's. if I remember right the sphere download was split into a zip with binaries and one with DLL's, for some reason.  He may have forgotten to download and/or extract the latter one...
neoSphere 5.9.2 - neoSphere engine - Cell compiler - SSj debugger
forum thread | on GitHub

Reply #4

Looking at that screenshot, he's missing a bunch of DLL's. if I remember right the sphere download was split into a zip with binaries and one with DLL's, for some reason.  He may have forgotten to download and/or extract the latter one...

Thanks for the help, Ill be looking for the DLL's and I'm sure ill find it soon. However why was it split into two, was there a legal issue?

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #5

Thanks for the help, Ill be looking for the DLL's and I'm sure ill find it soon. However why was it split into two, was there a legal issue?

Definitely no legal issues, all the DLLs are open source.  For the life of me I could never figure out why the downloads were split that way.  I could see if it were an editor/engine split, but instead it was an inexplicable executable/DLL split.

And yeah, just a heads up for everyone else: I can indeed confirm that the Sphere 1.5 download on Google Drive is missing all the DLLs except for the VC++ runtime.
neoSphere 5.9.2 - neoSphere engine - Cell compiler - SSj debugger
forum thread | on GitHub

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #6
Oldtimer knowledge: It was split up back in the day since the filesize was too large to download all at once. Can you imagine!

Also, I think Aegis wanted it so that you can update to latest DLL's whenever without having to download the editor/engine - but it quickly had drawbacks and so that idea was scrapped. At the time of Sphere being developed audiere and corona were also being developed and aegis thought that if he did a bug-fix in corona he could just tell people to download the new library without having to redownload everything (but then  regressions and some breaking changes put a wrench in all of that).  I think that an editor engine split would have made some sense, but then you'd have different versions for corona and Audiere - libraries they shared and if the editor was ahead of the engine in terms of development they couldn't easily merge the two conflicting libraries.
  • Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 11:24:08 pm by Radnen
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here
Sphere Studio editor here

Reply #7

Oldtimer knowledge: It was split up back in the day since the filesize was too large to download all at once. Can you imagine!

The horror....the horror..... :O

Re: [SOLVED][Editor](W7) Conrana.dll is missing
Reply #8
 I just deleted everything and ran the installer I had found on Sourceforge. Anyways thanks for the help!

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Used Sphere for, like, half my life
Re: [SOLVED][Editor](W7) Conrana.dll is missing
Reply #9

I just deleted everything and ran the installer I had found on Sourceforge. Anyways thanks for the help!

The installer one is likely a really old version. Make sure you get a 1.5 or 1.6 one!

However, I just checked the Sphere 1.5 zip on the repo and it seems some files seem to be missing from that version (like corona.dll). Not sure how that happened, but I uploaded a proper, working version just now. Get that one! ;)

Reply #10
I believe the installer on sourceforge is up to date with 1.5. I've used it many times before.

Yes, I can imagine. But I don't have to just imagine, I still have reason to appreciate that consideration. I have a 10 KBps connection!