Skip to main content

News

Topic: yED, a graphical editor (Read 3866 times) previous topic - next topic

yED, a graphical editor
http://www.yworks.com/en/products_yed_about.html

Often times, I like to collect my thoughts using flow charts and diagrams. I used to use dia, but dia has horrendous issues with rasterizing text.

I found out about yED recently. It's alright. Fewer features than dia, but much more reliable.

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Re: yED, a graphical editor
Reply #1
I've used dia many times, it's a great nifty tool. I run the 'portable-app' version of it so I can carry it around on a thumb stick. yED looks pretty cool.
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here
Sphere Studio editor here

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Used Sphere for, like, half my life
Reply #2
dia has horrendous issues with rasterizing text.

What are you exporting to? I think there are like three different PNG exporters, and one of them is horrendous.

But I like and dislike certain things about Dia, so will be checking this out. Kind of too bad it uses Java, but meh.

Reply #3
I actually kind of like the Java bit, it instantly works rather well on Linux, Windows, and OS X.

I've tried dia with all the PNG exporters that are included, and they all have had issues for me. I've tried a couple of the other formats it exports, but it was such a huge hassle just to export the file that it kind of soured me to the whole program.