News

Topic: What's wrong here? (Read 9499 times) previous topic - next topic

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Re: What's wrong here?
Reply #15
Either way, performing the increment separately works in both engines, so at least I can run Specs on minisphere (and probably SSFML) now!  Curious that both Duktape and Jurassic exhibit the exact same inconsistency, though. :o
neoSphere 5.9.2 - neoSphere engine - Cell compiler - SSj debugger
forum thread | on GitHub

• N E O
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Senior Administrator
Reply #16
One of the reasons I write my loops { i = -1; while (++i < l) { ... } }

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #17
I won't even do that.  I despise inline increment/decrement (well, anything with side effects, really), I find code that does so to be confusing.  In general, I will always prefer readability over compactness, regardless of language.  I have found that I tend to do more questionable stuff in C though, not sure why...
forum thread | on GitHub

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #18

I won't even do that.  I despise inline increment/decrement (well, anything with side effects, really), I find code that does so to be confusing.  In general, I will always prefer readability over compactness, regardless of language.  I have found that I tend to do more questionable stuff in C though, not sure why...

Wow, I do this all over the place in minisphere now.  I really need to shut up sometimes. :-[

[karkat]PAST ME IS ALWAYS SO TERRIBLE, EVEN WHEN I LITERALLY JUST FINISHED BEING HIM.[/karkat]
forum thread | on GitHub

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #19

[karkat]PAST ME IS ALWAYS SO TERRIBLE, EVEN WHEN I LITERALLY JUST FINISHED BEING HIM.[/karkat]

Tell me about it. If I could get a penny for things I regret saying in the past, I'd be, well I'd have a few bucks in my pocket. :P
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here
Sphere Studio editor here