Skip to main content

News

Recent Posts

Game Development / The Other Adventurer 3D
Last post by Beaker -

Find the magical golden goat of glory inside the deadly dungeon. You have entered, and lo and behold! It lays right in front of you! But, it is across a gap too wide to reach. You are so close, but so far apart. Explore the dungeon and beat the 4 magical boss slimes to unlock the way into the evil slime king's lair. After he is slain, the path to the treasure you desire will be unlocked! But the way is long and dangerous, so be sure to restock your supplies in the nearby town and ask the townsfolk for helpful information.

Made at TOJam 14.

Download here: https://rpgmaker.net/games/11568/

Controls:
-WASD to move
-Left mouse to attack
-Right mouse to block (sword & shield only).
-E to use (eg: open chests, talk to people)
-1-4 to switch weapons
-Space to jump
-F5/F8 to Save/Load (not yet working)
-F1 to show help
-Escape to quit

Cheats:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So this is a simple 3d fps made with Sphere 1.5, using transformBlits for the 3d drawing.  Since transformBlits use affine texture mappings, I allow for up to 16 subdivisions of the quads to help with the distortions (as well as issues around quads spanning between being in front of the camera and behind it).  The engine limits out at about 400 quads on screen at once, which I've noticed before with The Rainis Manuscript with how transformBlits are done in Sphere v1.  As a result, it has an adorably early 90's frame rate.  Also, the distance sort function is a little off, but I couldn't be bothered to fix it.

Enjoy.
Sphere Support / Re: Map Editor Alternatives?
Last post by East -
Yes it was! Thanks mate
Sphere Support / Re: Map Editor Alternatives?
Last post by Fat Cerberus -
Sphere Support / Map Editor Alternatives?
Last post by East -
Hi everyone! The COVID-19 lockdown has brought me back to my beloved miniSphere after a long hiatus of real life getting in the way! :P

As I'm working from a different computer now, I had to find and download/buy all of my tools again, and I remember there was a third-party program that you could use to create maps in. It wasn't perfect because it had no official integration with Sphere, but you could use it to create basic maps and then import them as images to Sphere maps. It also had a JSON exporter IIRC. I can't remember the name of that program - anyone knows what I'm talking about?

And if we are on the subject, is there a different, maybe better supported alternative to the current map editor?

Thanks and I hope everyone is doing well!
Off-Topic Discussions / Re: Happy new year everyone!
Last post by DaVince -
This thread spans across the years... :P Hi Ma3vis! And thanks!

I didn't move there, rather, she moved to the Netherlands and we were visiting there!
Engine Development / Re: miniSphere 5.4.2
Last post by Fat Cerberus -
Just posted a quick update: miniSphere 5.4.2.  A few of the currently-experimental APIs were renamed, so be sure to check the changelog to see if the renames affect you.
Last post by Ma3vis -
I'm spending time with my wife in Texas right now

no shit, when did you move to the united states man?
also any chance you are still in texas? cause im one state over bro
congratulations on the marriage btw man.
im about to be a father, things are crazy since i remember this place
surprised to see mostly everyone still here
Last post by Radnen -
Happy new year, all. It's been well over a decade now w/ this community, and even longer for others too! :)
Last post by FBnil -
Merry X-mas and a happy new year!

Even though I do not frequent the forums as often as I would like to, I still keep the fond memories with me of this community.
Hellos and Byes / Re: My return
Last post by Radnen -
Hello Datomas! I think I remembered someone like you... The community is fairly active on Discord. https://discord.gg/ApNjK5