Reply #15
I've missed the screenshot thread.

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Re: The Screenshot Thread
Reply #16
yes, yes, YES! Joystick support is nice to have.
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here
Sphere Studio editor here

Reply #17
And it's better than Sphere's was, too. It can handle more axes, more buttons, the 'hat' or D-pad is properly detected as being such, and there's a definite possibility of haptic support. .

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Used Sphere for, like, half my life
Reply #18
I appreciate all the work and can test any future force feedback capability with a PS2 controller, if you wish. :)

Reply #19
That would be amazing! The joystick test game is included in the 0.2.2 binaries, too.

Reply #20
So the player walks up to various furniture in the crime scenes, and a box will pop up and tell them what it is. Neat huh?
Yes I'm using the default font. I mean, who makes their own?

Reply #21
I like that. The style vaguely reminds me of a game I made a while ago. But much easier on the eyes. And more detailed. And you probably already have a better control scheme than I did. Keep it up!

Is that the default font? I used the default font for my shot at the top of the page, and it looks like you're using a much nicer one.

Well, you can always replace it later if you don't like it!

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #22

I mean, who makes their own?

Well, I made my own custom font for blockman. However, there is an option to import Windows fonts to Sphere fonts in the file menu of the editor. Also, my Sphere editor can do such an import for you as well.

Nice screenshot though! Loving the art style.
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here
Sphere Studio editor here

Reply #23
Oh, it wasn't the default one. It's arial.rfn that I got from the system folder in Sphere.

Reply #24
Finally, finally, FINALLY. I made smooth, working platforming collision detection.

• N E O
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Senior Administrator
Reply #25

Finally, finally, FINALLY. I made smooth, working platforming collision detection.

Is that with or without the default map engine?

Reply #26
It's all Majestic all the way.

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #27
Nothing special, just showing off my textboxes and menu strips for Spectacles.  I've been trying for a minimalist design for Specs; really helps the atmosphere in my eyes, a more graphical approach would be out of place with Specs having as much emphasis on its story as it does.
neoSphere 5.9.2 - neoSphere engine - Cell compiler - SSj debugger
forum thread | on GitHub

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #28
Showing off the (currently console-based) Spectacles battle engine. A proper battle screen is on the way, but almost all battle mechanics are implemented, which you can see here. Additionally, something you can't really tell by the screenshot, but I designed the Specs engine to be very flexible; it's easy to change battle formulas, add new move effects and stats, etc. without messing with the engine code at all.  Since I'm making the saga into a trilogy, having such a flexible engine is invaluable! ;)
neoSphere 5.9.2 - neoSphere engine - Cell compiler - SSj debugger
forum thread | on GitHub

Reply #29

It's all Majestic all the way.

So Majestic has built-in tools for designing a platformer now? Considering my platformer is still having collision issues, I might mess with that, finally.