Skip to main content

News

Topic: Invalid Tileset Reference (Read 6577 times) previous topic - next topic

Invalid Tileset Reference
Whenever I create a new tile, append or insert it to the tileset and save the map, the next time I open the map, I get an invalid tileset reference warning. When I open the map, my new tile is still in the tileset but every place i used it is replaced with the first tile of the tileset. If I export the new tileset with a new name, before saving the map, and change the map properties tileset to the new one, I can make the map again and save it and it opens fine after that. Is there a way to avoid getting the invalid tileset reference warning?

• N E O
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Senior Administrator
Re: Invalid Tileset Reference
Reply #1
The only way to avoid it is make sure the updated tileset is saved/exported before the map is saved, especially if you just added some tiles. I'm assuming you're using the default editor; maybe Radnen's editor has better error messages for this situation?

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Used Sphere for, like, half my life
Reply #2

The only way to avoid it is make sure the updated tileset is saved/exported before the map is saved, especially if you just added some tiles. I'm assuming you're using the default editor; maybe Radnen's editor has better error messages for this situation?

I believe Radnen's editor always saves the tilesets separately, so it can't happen? Not sure though, haven't used Radnen's map editor in a while...

Reply #3
There's a reason Radnen went to so much trouble to replace the old editor.

You could try using external tilesets, which is better in almost all cases anyway.

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #4

I believe Radnen's editor always saves the tilesets separately, so it can't happen? Not sure though, haven't used Radnen's map editor in a while...

Always saves a tileset separately so this can't happen. I made huge tilesets changes, not exported the tileset and then saw my work completely vanish. Ouch. So I gave up on trying to emulate the export feature and went with separate tilests all the time. I think Flik wanted that though, since the appended tileset option seemed like an afterthought.
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here
Sphere Studio editor here