Skip to main content

News

Topic: js32.dll not found (Windows XP Pro) (Read 4294 times) previous topic - next topic

• Mooch
  • [*][*][*]
js32.dll not found (Windows XP Pro)
When I try to run any version of Sphere, the engine or the editor, I get an error that says js32.dll wasn't found. I downloaded what I think is a safe, real js32.dll file, but I don't know where to put it.

Any help? Also, any idea why this error occured in the first place? It didn't on any of my other computers I've ever used Sphere on, just this XP Pro netbook.

• N E O
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Senior Administrator
Re: js32.dll not found (Windows XP Pro)
Reply #1
Is your js32.dll 161,280 bytes in size, possible creation date of 2003 jan 25? If so, put it in Sphere's folder.

• Mooch
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #2
Ooh, no, it's 324 kb.

Uninstalling everything related to Sphere and reinstalling 1.5 worked, though. But then, when I re-downloaded Sphere 1.0 and installed it, they both stopped working and spat out the js32 error again. I guess I can only have one version installed at a time?

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Used Sphere for, like, half my life
Reply #3
You shouldn't have to run any installers at all. It just so happens that some really old versions of Sphere were packed into an executable.
But the amount of versions "installed" doesn't matter at all (each Sphere environment is self-contained in its own directory).

The downloads drive has a zipped version of Sphere 1.5 that you should be able to download and run right away. (js32.dll is included with that.)
  • Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 12:04:40 pm by DaVince

• Mooch
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #4
That's what I was using, and I'm using now.

Since I got 1.5 working, I'm content to ask no further questions and just enjoy it, heh.