Skip to main content

News

Topic: Just checking up on you guys (Read 4500 times) previous topic - next topic

Just checking up on you guys
Hi, It's been I think just a month or a few weeks since I last visited this site. How is everyone?

Lately I've been simultaneously learning Python and JavaScript, more of Python though, and drawing a lots of manga.

I guess it'a a bad idea to learn two programming languages at the same time. Progress is slow though, life stuff but it's better slow than nothing at all.

I'm going back to university this September 15th, no more free time. I have mixed feelings. I'm a little exited but also a little anxious at the same time. I never really like change too much and I'll miss the make-shift studio I had but its good to move forward and tackle new challenges. I know someday I'll be able to fulfill my dreams and become a game developer, actually in my own way I feel like I already am (^_^).

Just popping by, once again thanks so much for all the help! I won't be a stranger but once again I might not be as frequent as I was on these threads but once again I shall return with new knowledge to conquer the sphere like the wise warriors before me lol.

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Used Sphere for, like, half my life
Re: Just checking up on you guys
Reply #1
Hey, welcome back! Things have been going nicely here. Some good development going on with Radnen's editor and Sphere-SFML, and some games were made during the Ludum Dare 48 hour game competition last weekend. :)

Learning two challenges at once, sounds like a challenge! Make sure you don't confuse concepts that apply to one language but not the other. ;)

I'm going back to university this September 15th, no more free time. I have mixed feelings. I'm a little exited but also a little anxious at the same time.

I'm feeling the same, man. Starting a minor that's apparently going to suck up most of my time. Ah well.

Reply #2
It's always great to know that Sphere lives again. :)

Personally, I don't have the slightest clue what I'm doing degree-wise. I'm thinking about taking some Biblical courses online to get some credits and to broaden my knowledge in general, and when I actually do end up getting a degree, I'm thinking I'll be going to a nearby trade school. Either way, I'm really sure I want to work in the games industry.

Good luck going back to university! If it's something you want and are passionate about, it makes it more worth it. Seems like you really want to go for it, so I'm sure you'll do fine. :)
"If you don't build your dreams, someone else will hire you to build theirs."

Challenging Apathy | Follow me on Twitter!

Reply #3
Thanks, Its going to be a great experience. Plus there many ways of getting into the game development industry even more so now with the indie scene booming. Some developers like Christine Love studied English Literature and then ended up making Visual Novels as a career so it doesn't really matter so much what you study as long as you have/had interest for it. Videogames are really broad these days and their is a job for everyone, artists, musicians, programmers even mathematicians have something they can contribute.

Good luck with you're bible course Jacob, and nice to see some games on the forums (I'm gonna check out) and rad's editor coming along.