Skip to main content

News

Topic: 32-bit Problem (Read 3232 times) previous topic - next topic

32-bit Problem
Hi again!  ;D

I was trying to send my game to someone for testing, and when he tried to open it, he said he got the following error:

I downloaded your game and applied the 0.4 patch. When I run "DragonBallZ - Saiyajin Legend.exe" the following error shows up and the games doesn't start:

"DragonBallZ - Saiyajin Legend.exe is not a valid Win32 application"

Is the executable a 32-bit version?

I figured that I had the 64-bit version of the miniSphere engine which I distributed along with the game, so I started to look for a 32-bit version, and couldn't find any. In fact, I couldn't find any 64-bit version as well, which made me think the installation program auto-detects your hardware type and installs the right version for you. So I let the guy download miniSphere from the sexy new Spheredev homepage, but then he said that:

I installed miniSphere (default option list) but got the following error:
Unable to execute file:
C:\Program Files\miniSphere\ide\Sphere Studio.exe

CreateProcess failed; code 3.
The system cannot find the path specified.

I re installed miniSphere, checking all options in the list, and got a different error:
Unable to execute file:
C:\Program Files\miniSphere\ide\Sphere Studio.exe

CreateProcess failed; code 193.
%1 is not a valid Win32 application

He's not the first person that tested the game, but it's the first time anyone is getting this error.

Any idea what to make of this?

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Re: 32-bit Problem
Reply #1
If he has a 32-bit machine, then the miniSphere installer should install 32-bit executables.  What Windows version is this?  I know there have been issues in the past with XP and Vista; Win7 or later should be fine however.

Note that Sphere Studio requires .NET 4.5 or later to be installed.
neoSphere 5.9.2 - neoSphere engine - Cell compiler - SSj debugger
forum thread | on GitHub

Re: 32-bit Problem
Reply #2
I did have a problem running it on windows XP once (took it to an old computer at work to see if it's working). I'll ask him what's his OS and stuff.