News

Topic: The Sphere Studio v1.2.1 (Read 200403 times) previous topic - next topic

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Re: Radnen's Sphere Studio v1.1.5.0
Reply #165
@Radnen: I believe VS stores the folding info in the project's .user file, along with the list of open tabs and such (which is why you don't put the .user files in version control, devs on the same project would annoy the hell out of each other :) ).
neoSphere 5.9.2 - neoSphere engine - Cell compiler - SSj debugger
forum thread | on GitHub

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #166
Hmm, so I'd just have to do something similar then. Create a .user file for my editor. Save tasks, open tabs, folds, etc. Alright.
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here
Sphere Studio editor here

Reply #167
Hmm, so I'd just have to do something similar then. Create a .user file for my editor. Save tasks, open tabs, folds, etc. Alright.

Looking forward to it!

I tried this back on the old forums on one of your first builds, but after that ill admit i never tried the others.

But now I have and I love the modern look and feel. Good job Radnen!

My FF6 SDK looks much more organised and I REALLY like having the project pane hidden so it pops out when the cursor is over it! Really helps

BTW works on win8 out the box
  • Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 09:33:06 pm by Harry Bo21

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #168
Just took a quick look through the Scintilla control's methods (Intellisense is awesome, I don't care what anyone says), looks like you'll have to use the Scintilla.NativeInterface.GetFoldX/SetFoldX methods to implement this.   There don't appear to be any automated methods to do the serialization for you, unfortunately.
forum thread | on GitHub

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #169
@Lord English: that was also a fear of mine. Oh well, I think that's doable.
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here

• N E O
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Senior Administrator
Reply #170
Re serialization - use JSON for it? Easy to implement and json.org has links to a bunch of C, C++, and C# JSON parsers.

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #171
The problem here isn't the technology to use for the serialization, it's the method used to get the info to serialize in the first place.  Scintilla.NET doesn't make it easy to get at the relevant info for what we want to implement (saving code folding info).
forum thread | on GitHub

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #172
@Radnen: Weird focus bug, I've been trying to hunt this one dow for days but can't seem to figure out what's causing it: Either it doesn't respond to keyboard shortcuts/menu items at all, or they're handled by the wrong tab. Very bad when I end up pasting text into a script I'm not actively working on and don't realize it right away...  Unfortunately, I can't reproduce it on command (it seems to be quite random), but it's common enough to be frustrating.  There are times when it won't even respond to any hotkeys at all and I have to restart the editor to fix it.
forum thread | on GitHub

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #173
I notice that too! I've also been searching for a solution. The work-around is currently by opening the menu by hand and clicking on the function you want. After that it'll recognize key inputs.

Sphere-sfml here

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #174
Hey, so I cleared out my plugins and went to reload them and I can't open up your sound test plugin. The error is so fatal not even the windows debugger can help me. :(

I don't know what's going on exactly.

Sphere-sfml here

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #175
How would I reproduce it? If I can see what's happening I may be able to diagnose it on my end...
forum thread | on GitHub

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #176
Did you try turning off all plugins and then turning them back on?

Sphere-sfml here

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #177
You mean in the same session? I can't test it right this second as I'm at work, but I'll look into it later.  Probably has to do with double-init of Irrklang or something like that...
forum thread | on GitHub

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #178
I can't reproduce it... well, not entirely.  Clearing all plugins and then re-enabling them works fine, including Sound Test, although I did notice that the editor hangs for a couple seconds at a time when enabling or disabling it.  This happens in both release mode and under the debugger.  The plugin doesn't really do anything radical, so I'm going to guess the issue is with IrrKlang.

Unfortunately I can't really do much else as far as diagnosing the problem until later.  I'm at my grandmother's house using a laptop with none of my files on it, the only reason I was able to compile the editor at all was by using the portable copy of SharpDevelop on my flash drive, and as you can probably imagine, compiling code on a flash drive is painfully slow.
forum thread | on GitHub

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #179
I get an error page that looks like this. It must've been your latest update that caused it. When I run the program again, I can enable and disable the sound plugin, but nothing happens.

Sphere-sfml here