News

Topic: The Sphere Studio v1.2.1 (Read 202806 times) previous topic - next topic

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Re: Radnen's Sphere Studio v1.1.7.0
Reply #390
Yeah, a project file just references existing source files, that shouldn't be a problem.  When I get some free time I'll see about setting everything up for a 64-bit build.  I think all your dependencies are 64-bit capable, the only outlier to my knowledge is irrKlang (which as previously mentioned has been updated).  I at least remember being able to make a working x64 build of Sphere Studio a while ago, it just didn't have sound.
neoSphere 5.9.2 - neoSphere engine - Cell compiler - SSj debugger
forum thread | on GitHub

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #391
Yeah I remember making 64bit builds a while back, so I guess it was possible. I guess it was Irrklang that was the thorn. Are you free to create new branches? If so, create a branch with the changes and I'll review it and if all checks out, it'll take over as the new solution file.
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here
Sphere Studio editor here

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #392

Yeah I remember making 64bit builds a while back, so I guess it was possible. I guess it was Irrklang that was the thorn. Are you free to create new branches? If so, create a branch with the changes and I'll review it and if all checks out, it'll take over as the new solution file.

Oh, I was supposed to be doing this wasn't I?  I'll get around to it, I kind of got sidetracked implementing SPK support in minisphere. ;)

Which reminds me, I want to make an SPK packer for Sphere Studio, but I don't think plugins can access the project tree?  So it would have to go in the main editor instead of as a plugin I think...
forum thread | on GitHub

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #393
For now you can create a package project under the main navigation menu. I think when you create plugins, you can register them under the menu with dots like so: 'project.package' and the project menu will have the item package, for example. But I see an issue here. Sometimes you might want it to say 'Package...' with 3 dots to indicate a function w/ a popup dialog, in that case there's nothing you can do.

I might change that behavior though, to take the '/' parameter. I think packaging shouldn't be a project tree thing, because it's most likely only going to be a root node thing, unless you want the possibility to have packagable projects in sub-folders!
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #394
Okay, I think I was ambiguous with that comment.  What I meant was, is there a way for a plugin to access the contents of the project tree (so it can know which files to package)?
forum thread | on GitHub

Reply #395
Sometimes you might want it to say 'Package...' with 3 dots to indicate a function w/ a popup dialog, in that case there's nothing you can do.

Could you use the actual unicode ellipses character?

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #396
@Lord English: Ah, I see I thought you meant to append functionality to the project tree. What you want is a method to see the file contents. I'll look into an API call to get back the currently loaded game settings file.

@Jest: While that's possible, most Windows apps just use '...' without the ellipsis character. Almost never heard of it being used outside of word processing.

Sphere-sfml here

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #397
@Lord English: You could use this in your plugin and resolve the file paths for packaging:
Code: (javascript) [Select]

PluginManager.IDE.CurrentGame.RootPath

Sphere-sfml here

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #398
Ah, thanks for the tip.  Do you think we should include an SPK plugin out of the box?  I know you want to keep the number of default plugins down, but unlike the hex editor thing I made a while back, this seems like basic functionality for a Sphere editor (the default editor has it).
forum thread | on GitHub

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #399
Sure, add it in!

Sphere-sfml here

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #400

Sure, add it in!

Okay, that was relatively painless.  Check your pull requests. :)

edit: and after I go through all the trouble to pull in zlib through NuGet, it turns out there's already zlib-based deflate functionality in the .NET Framework.  Go figure. :P
  • Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 05:10:07 pm by Lord English
forum thread | on GitHub

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #401
Haha, I see you pulled in my changes already.  That's good, now I can see about making this compile properly for 64-bit. :)

edit: I ended up replacing IrrKlang with NAudio, which is available on NuGet:
https://www.nuget.org/packages/NAudio/

So this way I don't have to create a separate project file, updates are painless and all of your dependencies are NuGet now. :)  and it's also open source (Ms-PL specifically) whereas IrrKlang is free for non-commercial but proprietary.

I just want to test for bugs first and then I'll put up another PR when it's ready.

edit 2: Done making changes.
  • Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 03:24:25 pm by Lord English
forum thread | on GitHub

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #402
@Radnen:
Because I haven't said this and I think it needs to be said: Let me just congratulate you for your work on Sphere Studio.  Now that I've gotten most of the lingering bugs out ;), I see now that it's a very well-designed editor and is quite fun to hack on. :D. The codebase is very clean too (although in my experience it's hard to write messy code in C#), which helps.  A bit rough around the edges, but clean.

So yeah, great job. ;D

I'm done with the most recent batch of changes, by the way.  I wonder... Would it be easier if you add me as a collaborator and skip the pull requests?  It's fine if you don't want to, though.
  • Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 03:16:41 am by Lord English
forum thread | on GitHub

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #403
Lord English: you are now a collaborator on the project.

I actually wanted you to be a collaborator earlier on, but you insisted pull requests were still okay with you. :P Anyways, enjoy the privilege just don't do crazy edits to the code (like replacing a plugin instead of making a new one, unless the core of that plugin needed an upgrade). I trust you enough to push the project in positive ways.

Sphere-sfml here

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #404
Re: Pull requests: Keep in mind that was before I had an engine which included the editor as part of the package. ;)  I'm assuming I will be doing more active development on the editor now, so I don't want my fork to end up getting too far out of sync with the official project.

I'll try not to make major changes directly on master, though--big stuff if needed will be done on a separate branch.  As it should be.
forum thread | on GitHub