Skip to main content

News

Topic: I have returned... (Read 6329 times) previous topic - next topic

• Rhuan
  • [*][*][*][*]
I have returned...
Props to anyone who gets the reference intended in the topic title...

Anyway long story short I went a while with no usable personal computer and so my Sphere activity dropped to nil; I've got a computer again (a beautiful macbook pro :) ) and I've remembered how fun Sphere stuff can be so I've come back.

If you check my other topic in the engine development board you'll see that I've successfully built miniSphere for MacOS sierra it took longer than I would have liked but oh well it works now :).

I've got an idea in my mind for an SRPG that I'd like to work on no idea if I'll complete the thing I've started writing the JS for some QTEs that I'd like to build into the combat system as a little warm up - so I'll see where it goes from there.

Somewhat surprised by how low my post count is, I guess all posts older than a certain amount were deleted at some point?

Also: special thanks to DaVince for helping me get back into my account.
  • Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 09:01:01 am by Rhuan

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Used Sphere for, like, half my life
Re: I have returned...
Reply #1
Welcome back to Spherical! :)

I'm guessing that most of your activity must have been before the forum switch? Old posts certainly don't get deleted, so...

• Rhuan
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
Most of my activity would have been between 5 and 10 years ago; pretty sure my post count was in the 100s.

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #3
Spherical crashed back in... 2013 I think? and we lost everything.  The forums were pretty dormant for a while... then minisphere happened.  It's... still pretty dormant here... but at least we now have an awesome new engine to show for it? :P
neoSphere 5.9.2 - neoSphere engine - Cell compiler - SSj debugger
forum thread | on GitHub

• Rhuan
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #4

Spherical crashed back in... 2013 I think? and we lost everything.  The forums were pretty dormant for a while... then minisphere happened.  It's... still pretty dormant here... but at least we now have an awesome new engine to show for it? :P
Well... I'm back, when I first started using Sphere there were no significant projects to speak of, Flikky was updating the engine from time to time but no one was really making anything.

It grew a lot then it looks like it shrunk again after my departure - probably nothing to do with me but :P.

I'd be happy to take responsibility for ensuring all versions of miniSphere run on MacOS and I've also started work on a game no promises it will lead into anything - it's nothing more than a couple of functions that draw colourful circles at the moment but it's a start :)

Hopefully I can inject a bit more life around here.

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #5
By the by if you want to maintain a macOS port that's fine--I don't have a Mac so I can't practically support the platform.  I don't know which build you compiled though; for now I recommend using the 4.3.8 release (Git tag v4.3.8) as the current git master is under heavy development and may have some things broken.
neoSphere 5.9.2 - neoSphere engine - Cell compiler - SSj debugger
forum thread | on GitHub

• Rhuan
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #6

By the by if you want to maintain a macOS port that's fine--I don't have a Mac so I can't practically support the platform.  I don't know which build you compiled though; for now I recommend using the 4.3.8 release (Git tag v4.3.8) as the current git master is under heavy development and may have some things broken.

Edited my other topic to clarify - I used 4.3.8.

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #7
Hi Rhuan - I remember you! ;) (I also went by the name FEEK back in those days... Ah the old days...)

Welcome back to the community! You were one of the top posters, so it's great to see you here again.
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here
Sphere Studio editor here

• FBnil
  • [*][*]
Reply #8
Hiya Rhuan!

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Used Sphere for, like, half my life