Skip to main content

News

Topic: [FORUM] Procedure for moving topics? (Read 5014 times) previous topic - next topic

• N E O
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Senior Administrator
[FORUM] Procedure for moving topics?
I just performed a large amount of topic moving into the new Support subforums.

Taking an informal poll: would you prefer to see "Topic Moved" placeholders or not?

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Re: [FORUM] Procedure for moving topics?
Reply #1
I don't know, I got an email when my watched topics were moved, and the placeholders clutter the new posts list if a bunch of moves are done at once, so I'm leaning towards a "no" vote here.
neoSphere 5.9.2 - neoSphere engine - Cell compiler - SSj debugger
forum thread | on GitHub

Reply #2
I for one don't want to see them.

I don't look for topics by forum, but by name. When I really can't find them, I search for them or just check the recent posts of someone who I know posted in them. And when I do look by forum, I would expect them to only be in the proper forum.

Maybe if something like Radnen's Editor thread moved, or the Sphere Feature Requests, or the Screenshot Thread moved, then I would. But that's because those threads are (or in the feature request case, was) really long lived, and I feel important to the website. Somehow, though, I don't expect things like that to move at such stages.
  • Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 07:53:10 pm by Flying Jester

• N E O
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Senior Administrator
Reply #3

...I got an email when my watched topics were moved, and the placeholders clutter the new posts list if a bunch of moves are done at once...

I don't look for topics by forum, but by name. When I really can't find them, I search for them or just check the recent posts of someone who I know posted in them. And when I do look by forum, I would expect them to only be in the proper forum.

Those are really good points. I'm deleting the "topic moved" posts now and will use them from now on primarily on threads with higher significance (higher view counts, engine and editor announcement threads, etc).