Skip to main content

News

Topic: Hello! (Read 6681 times) previous topic - next topic

Hello!
Hello Spherical!

How has everyone been? Glad to see some new faces and projects being worked on :)
It's super effective!

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Re: Hello!
Reply #1
Hi Legaia! How are you? Coming back to Sphere or just dropping in?
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here
Sphere Studio editor here

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Used Sphere for, like, half my life
Reply #2
Hi Legaia! It's been a while since I've seen you around. How are you doing? :)

Reply #3
Um haven't really decided 100% yet Radnen, one of those situations where motivation plays the ultimate role and it's hard to get motivated! I've been good though, hard to believe that 10 years is coming up as part of the sphere community lol. How have you guys been, pretty sure you two have been a constant in the revolving sphere door :P
It's super effective!

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #4
My .NET editor is coming along really well, see Sphere Studio.

Also, I have a .NET Sphere engine that's also coming along well, see sphere-sfml.
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here
Sphere Studio editor here

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Used Sphere for, like, half my life
Reply #5
As you probably noticed, we lost a lot of data at some point. So the site got kind of entirely rebooted.

...And then all the development began...

Seriously. Development on a few exciting new games, several new implementations of the engine, some work on Sphere in browsers, progress on editors and other tools... It feels like Sphere's alive again! :)

Reply #6
If sphere games could be ran in a browser that would be enough motivation for me, right now even if you make something it's audience is limited..
It's super effective!

Reply #7
Wow, it has been a long time since I've seen Legaia! Welcome back!

I think that one thing we are not lacking is engine development. We've got a few new engines, we've got a new editor...I feel we really need games for the engine(s), though!

Even if it takes a while to get Sphere running in browsers, there also exists the possibility of mobile versions of the engines, too.

Reply #8
Hi and welcome back, wow 10 years... I feel like a kid here (<_<)

I think games would really do it. One of the reason why I got interested in RPG maker was mainly because of the great games it had (mainly RPG maker 2k3 games and some RMXP) then I somewhat lost interest with the generic games RPG maker vx had. Whenever you get someone browsing for a new editor to use or looking for some motivation, the games other people make are usually (or at least for me) a major motivator and spirit lifter, you feel like you can do it too (^_^)

I hope you get the motivation you need Legaia, its never to late to whip up something new. I say go for it.

• Rukiri
  • [*]
Reply #9
I still can't believe it's been 10 years since I've heard of sphere, where does the time go? what will I be doing when I'm  60 saying where did the time go? and then that funeral.. I'll defiantly be saying it them .

Welcome back man.

Reply #10
it goes to that void we call daily life  :( and then we forget about living.