Spherical forums

Sphere Development => Editor Development => Topic started by: N E O on June 25, 2013, 07:21:52 pm

Title: [EDITOR] Tile number overlays on map editors?
Post by: N E O on June 25, 2013, 07:21:52 pm
So after Vakinox mentioned putting up some screenshots on Pixel Joint for critique I went to their forums to see what I had missed in the long time since I last visited it.

Well! There's a thread for a free image editor PaintCAD (http://www.pixeljoint.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=14499&PID=174369#174369) (apparently a port of a mobile Java app, but that's irrelevant). A particular feature of that editor is a tile editor, the screenshot of which overlaid tiles' indices over the tile images themselves.

I think this is a good idea and would like to see this implemented with a toggle on any/all Sphere map editors, maybe even similarly on spriteset editors and possibly animation (MNG) editors.
Title: Re: [EDITOR] Tile number overlays on map editors?
Post by: Flying Jester on June 25, 2013, 08:25:43 pm
I definitely would like to see this on spriteset editors!
Post by: Radnen on June 26, 2013, 12:26:29 am
One heck of a feature request! :P
Post by: N E O on June 26, 2013, 04:51:24 pm
Question - for the map/tile number overlays, would you only show the active layer's tile indices or would you find some way to show the entire tile stack for a given X,Y?
Post by: Radnen on June 26, 2013, 05:57:07 pm
Good question. Possibly only the currently selected layer. But I might do something with mouse hover.