News

Topic: The Sphere Studio v1.2.1 (Read 202684 times) previous topic - next topic

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Re: Radnen's Sphere Studio v1.1.6.0
Reply #210
Radnen, do you mind if I go ahead with converting the rest of the built-in editors to plugins?  I don't want to have to deal with a merge conflict if you're already in the process if doing so.  Oh, that reminds me, it looks like you didn't make a commit for 1.1.6.0...
neoSphere 5.9.2 - neoSphere engine - Cell compiler - SSj debugger
forum thread | on GitHub

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #211

Radnen, do you mind if I go ahead with converting the rest of the built-in editors to plugins?  I don't want to have to deal with a merge conflict if you're already in the process if doing so.  Oh, that reminds me, it looks like you didn't make a commit for 1.1.6.0...

Yeah, you can go ahead now. The latest commit was just a simple version number change to identify the most recent build.

ok where do I check?
It's a file I (creatively) called tasks.list, if you do not have one in your project then it doesn't matter. I just tested the sphere editor out of the box, it works perfectly. Did you set correct paths for the engine and editor? Did you try running it as a Windows admin (right-click and choose "run as administrator")?
  • Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 03:56:35 pm by Radnen
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here
Sphere Studio editor here

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #212
Wow, apparently I had no idea what I was getting myself into. :P  The map editor has so many sub-components... this is going to take a while.  The main issue is changing all the namespace references; I can't use Visual Studio's built-in identifier renaming for this unfortunately.
forum thread | on GitHub

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #213

Wow, apparently I had no idea what I was getting myself into. :P  The map editor has so many sub-components... this is going to take a while.  The main issue is changing all the namespace references; I can't use Visual Studio's built-in identifier renaming for this unfortunately.

Yeah it was pretty heavily integrated, also the script portion would be the hardest; do you use a plugin or do you keep it separate?
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #214
I like the idea of using a plugin, but that requires an additional feature for a plugin to specifically register itself as, like, a default script editor or something?  I think I'll just keep the internal script editor there for the time being.
forum thread | on GitHub

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #215
Since you're looking into the map code, what do you think of the editor's map blitting code? Isn't it rather neat, Google maps inspired me. :)

Sphere-sfml here

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #216
I didn't look too much at the code yet, but I'll be sure to check it out now. :)

edit: Holy shit, this thing is a monstrosity. Which class handles map blitting, exactly? :P  I think I'm almost done with the conversion... still won't compile, need to move all the resources over for the toolbar icons and stuff.
  • Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 12:05:53 am by Lord English
forum thread | on GitHub

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #217
@Radnen:
Almost done, there's just a few snags preventing me from finishing the conversion: Global.IsScript() and Global.CopiedEnt. Neither of these seem to be available from plugin code and it looks like MapControl depends on them.  What should I do?
forum thread | on GitHub

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #218
The two globals can be stuffed into the map plugin, I don't know where IsScript would be used but CopiedEnt is really only used by the map editor, make it a private static field.

Sphere-sfml here

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #219
Yay, the map plugin works!  I feel like it's a bit bloated though, some of the stuff could go into Sphere.Core I think (the Drawer2 being the main candidate)... but that's the biggest one out of the way, now I have the spriteset and windowstyle editors to do.
forum thread | on GitHub

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #220

Yay, the map plugin works!  I feel like it's a bit bloated though, some of the stuff could go into Sphere.Core I think (the Drawer2 being the main candidate)... but that's the biggest one out of the way, now I have the spriteset and windowstyle editors to do.

Woah, yeah, umm that would go right into an image plugin. So... I think it's wise to have the ability to set default sound / image / etc. plugins.

Sphere-sfml here

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #221
Yeah, I decided to hold off on further plugin conversion until some updates are made to the plugin system.  Otherwise we'll end up with 5 separate copies of core components.

edit: I opened a pull request on GitHub, this way you can test the map plugin too.  I haven't gotten to the map-making stage in Spectacles yet, so I won't get much mileage out of it.  You'd be able to test it more thoroughly, I think.
  • Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 12:48:34 am by Lord English
forum thread | on GitHub

Reply #222
Chrome wouldn't let me download the editor; says it's malicious or something like that. Had to choice but no discard it D:
  • Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 02:59:40 am by Angry_Pirate

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #223

Chrome wouldn't let me download the editor; says it's malicious or something like that. Had to choice but no discard it D:

It's fine. I can guarantee that! :) Chrome says that to any software that doesn't pay a million dollar license, small homebrew apps like this always get the short end of the stick sometimes.
  • Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 03:57:57 am by Radnen

Sphere-sfml here

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #224
@Radnen:
Just added an image editor plugin.  Now I just need to come up with a way to get other plugins to be able to call into the image plugin and I'll be able to do the spriteset and windowstyle editors. :)
forum thread | on GitHub