Skip to main content

News

Topic: Back Again; Figuring Life Out (Read 5522 times) previous topic - next topic

Back Again; Figuring Life Out
I kinda dropped off the face of existence not long after I joined the forums. A few months following that I had moved out of an apartment I had with an ex, we had split up prior to that but that took precedent (finding a new place and all that jazz before moving), and following that, work got busy. And then I went through a bunch of things in life: aunt passing away, two weeks later co-worker passed away. I've gotten a lot of help now and I'm in better shapes moving forward. I'm currently in the process of working with a new doctor (first one in a decade), and a psychiatrist, as I have depression and consequently B.E.D., so I'm on medication that's helping with that. I likely have ADHD but my depression is my main focus, I feel. Hopefully I get back on the ball and do something. I'm throwing around a lot game ideas with myself, some RPG, some platformer/side-scroller.

I hope it wasn't an issue making a new post. I considered posting in my original post but didn't realize it's over 11 months old. I didn't realize that it's been that long.
  • Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 04:30:55 pm by Zechs

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Re: Back Again; Figuring Life Out
Reply #1
Oh my, I feel so sorry for you! I'm glad you have pulled through though. Creating games can be a positive outlet!

I'll see you around! Welcome back! :)
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here
Sphere Studio editor here

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Used Sphere for, like, half my life
Reply #2
Jeez, sounds like things got really rough all of a sudden, with more things leading up to it. Life can be a real bitch sometimes. I'm definitely wishing you all the best with everything.

It's nice to see you back, though! What with the community currently being at its tiniest (even with the high concentration of activity going on), it's nice to see more people around to make games. :)

Reply #3
Some of it was all of a sudden, other parts were stuff I was putting off and ignoring thinking I didn't need help dealing with it. So now I'm moving in good directions. Thanks, both of you! :)

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #4

What with the community currently being at its tiniest (even with the high concentration of activity going on), it's nice to see more people around to make games. :)

Yep.  We really need to try to get the word out on miniSphere.  I think with Sphere v2 now being a thing after all these years, combined with ES6 support and even a real debugger, Sphere can now actually be a serious development platform alongside the likes of Game Maker.  My hope is that someone will one day use miniSphere to make a popular Steam game.  Then I could die happy. :)
neoSphere 5.9.2 - neoSphere engine - Cell compiler - SSj debugger
forum thread | on GitHub

Reply #5

Yep.  We really need to try to get the word out on miniSphere.  I think with Sphere v2 now being a thing after all these years, combined with ES6 support and even a real debugger, Sphere can now actually be a serious development platform alongside the likes of Game Maker.  My hope is that someone will one day use miniSphere to make a popular Steam game.  Then I could die happy. :)

I'll do my best ;P