Skip to main content

News

Topic: Project ZeC (My Zelda-esque Clone) (Read 60658 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Project ZeC (My Zelda-esque Clone)
Reply #135
How does the base of a spriteset interact with a zone? Does the middle base have to be in the middle of a zone? Can any part of the base be in any part of the zone?
"I am to misbehave." - Malcom Renyolds, Captain of Serenity

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #136
Here's the zone handling code in miniSphere:
https://github.com/fatcerberus/minisphere/blob/v4.8.5/src/minisphere/map_engine.c#L2839-L2856

Basically, the engine calls GetPersonXY() and checks whether those values are inside the zone.  Based on a quick check of the spriteset code here:
https://github.com/fatcerberus/minisphere/blob/v4.8.5/src/minisphere/spriteset.c#L552-L554

PersonXY refers to the center of the sprite base.
neoSphere 5.9.2 - neoSphere engine - Cell compiler - SSj debugger
forum thread | on GitHub

Reply #137
There's a little refining that needs to be done to the coding..

Reply #138
None of my animated gifs from the PowerBracelet on are functioning in the forums, whereas they all function on my side, on multiple platforms... Does this .webm function?
  • Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 10:53:23 am by Miscreant

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #139
Not on the forums, but I can play it locally (after installing VLC anyway).
neoSphere 5.9.2 - neoSphere engine - Cell compiler - SSj debugger
forum thread | on GitHub

Reply #140
What is a good format for the forums? If my animations are no longer functioning.. is there any format that could be used that wouldn't involve the file having to be downloaded?

Reply #141
Every time I look at the Overworld map, I find things that need to be touched up. You can tell the map segments I did first by all the straight lines. Went through an edited about 20 different maps (rough estimate, I lost count.) Created some new tiles to match some spots that were in need of editing.

Created a Spriteset for Setzer's Airship, "The Blackjack" to create a cutscene where during the invasion of Hyrule by Gannon and his forces, Setzer and other characters from Final Fantasy 3(VI) arrive to aid in the battle. The airship gets hit with a fireball from Gleeok (2 headed dragon) and crashes in the desert. Created maps for the ruins of the airship.

Trying to find a suitable sound file of footsteps for particular map changes. So far, I haven't really found anything that I can use in the game.
  • Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 08:48:53 pm by Miscreant

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Used Sphere for, like, half my life
Reply #142
Oh, I was wondering why the gifs were no longer animating. I have no clue why that happens...

I'm going to have to look into making something that makes videos embeddable.

Edit: I can make YouTube videos embeddable automatically, but something tells me you'd rather upload the file here and have it show up.

There's also a forum addon which allows you to embed HTML5 video (like WebM), but the process seems to be roundabout: upload file and post; copy uploaded WebM link, edit post and paste link with special [ html5video ] tags around it. Maybe I can edit that addon so it doesn't need the tags, when I find the time.
  • Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 04:58:41 am by DaVince

Reply #143
Oh, I was wondering why the gifs were no longer animating. I have no clue why that happens...

I'm going to have to look into making something that makes videos embeddable.

I zipped the few that wouldn't function...
  • Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 05:02:35 am by Miscreant

Reply #144
Edit: I can make YouTube videos embeddable automatically, but something tells me you'd rather upload the file here and have it show up.

There's also a forum addon which allows you to embed HTML5 video (like WebM), but the process seems to be roundabout: upload file and post; copy uploaded WebM link, edit post and paste link with special [ html5video ] tags around it. Maybe I can edit that addon so it doesn't need the tags, when I find the time.

I haven't had a web hosting service for years. I've been thinking about operating a personal web server again for image hosting and the such. Youtube and other similar sites are too much of a hassle just to post a 16 second video.

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #145
Imgur used to be great for this, as it's literally drag and drop -> copy forum embed code, but they disabled hotlinking some time ago so it's no longer a feasible option either.

One issue here is that the forum system ElkArte just isn't made to deal with some newfangled HTML5 stuff right out of the box either, or uploading a video would have it display the video right here, without having to do anything else.

I'll be installing the webm embedder add-on, and will check later what we can do to make it easier to use.

Edit:
Welp, it doesn't work. Sigh. Sorry for all this.
  • Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 05:40:59 am by DaVince

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #146
Test:

It works!
Okay, the problem was that some time ago I enabled the "Re-encode potentially dangerous image attachments" option in ElkArte, for obvious reason. Apparently, this breaks animated gifs entirely. Had to disable it again, oh well.

Reply #147
Quote from: imgur.com
...Also, don't use Imgur to host image libraries you link to from elsewhere, content for your website, advertising, avatars, or anything else that turns us into your content delivery network....

you grant Imgur a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable worldwide license (with sublicense and assignment rights) to use, to display online and in any present or future media, to create derivative works of, to allow downloads of, and/or distribute any such file or content.

If I take the time and effort to create something from nothing, I want to retain ownership of it. Most people don't read the fine print and just post things. I am very meticulous when it comes to my creations.

Quote from: DaVince
It works!
Okay, the problem was that some time ago I enabled the "Re-encode potentially dangerous image attachments" option in ElkArte, for obvious reason. Apparently, this breaks animated gifs entirely. Had to disable it again, oh well.

Interesting, Why whould an animated gif be viewed as  a "potentially dangerous image attachment"?

The image you chose to post for your test makes me realize I need to refine that code a little. In my beta testing the player is wearing the blue ring. However, when you get to that point in the game Kain gives you the blue ring.

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #148
Fair enough, about the ownership thing. It didn't seem to matter much to me for little preview pics. But yeah, that first clause you pasted is exactly what changed between it being a feasible host and it no longer being that anyway.

Interesting, Why whould an animated gif be viewed as  a "potentially dangerous image attachment"?
My guess is things like this: https://www.phpclasses.org/blog/post/67-PHP-security-exploit-with-GIF-images.html

Reply #149
My guess is things like this: https://www.phpclasses.org/blog/post/67-PHP-security-exploit-with-GIF-images.html

Interesting, I had no idea that a gif image could potentially have php code in it.