Skip to main content

News

Topic: QtSphere IDE 0.6.0 (Read 35378 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: QtSphere IDE (working title) 0.2.3
Reply #90
This I don't get... You only need one hand to press Ctrl+Tab and Ctrl+Shift+Tab while PgUp and PgDown are all the way on the other side of the keyboard. I guess you use right Ctrl a lot? :P And I guess it saves one extra keystroke.
I don't really use right ctrl a lot. changing tabs is pretty much the only time I ever really use it.

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #91
Feature request: An option to summon eaty pigs :pig_nose: and integrate them into your project somehow.

Okay but seriously, work on a new editor has me thinking... maybe now would be a good time to think about replacing the venerable Sphere 1.x formats with something cleaner and more modern...
neoSphere 5.9.2 - neoSphere engine - Cell compiler - SSj debugger
forum thread | on GitHub

Reply #92
Feature request: An option to summon eaty pigs :pig_nose: and integrate them into your project somehow.
Sounds like a fun Easter egg.

Okay but seriously, work on a new editor has me thinking... maybe now would be a good time to think about replacing the venerable Sphere 1.x formats with something cleaner and more modern...
Aww man, after all of the work I put (and am still putting) into getting 1.x formats to work? :P

Reply #93
Well I could be working on proper spriteset functionality, but never mind that, QSI plays audio files now!

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Used Sphere for, like, half my life
Reply #94
And of course, you use that song as a test. :smile:

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #95

...wait, what'd I miss?
forum thread | on GitHub

Reply #96
Of course!

...wait, what'd I miss?
The song my IDE is playing in the screenshot I posted, The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #97
No, I got that, I'm just trying to figure out what the significance of using that song in particular is.  Unless it's just because it's a really goofy song?  I'm confused.
forum thread | on GitHub

Reply #98
I just figured it would be the perfect song to show off QSI's media player. Because.

Reply #99
The spriteset editor is more developed now, and soon you'll soon be able to actually modify sprites. Modifying directions, frame placement and properties (e.g., frame delay), and base editing is an obvious must, but since there are plenty of external image editing tools like GIMP, Photoshop, Paint, etc, implementing a paint widget isn't going to be a priority until everything else works. Instead, you'll be able to import image files.

• Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 05:42:23 pm by Eggbertx

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #100
No, I got that, I'm just trying to figure out what the significance of using that song in particular is.  Unless it's just because it's a really goofy song?  I'm confused.
There's no significance, I just love that he used one of those songs that happens to be very silly.

Reply #101
Wow, I haven't updated this thread in a while. But QtSphere IDE is still under heavy development. I thought I posted this already, but apparently not. While it's a little buggy still (dropdowns act strangely with a QSS theme), QSI has a decent looking dark theme!

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Re: QtSphere IDE 0.2.5
Reply #102
I'm trying to get this built on my Ubuntu system (after having installed Qt 4, Qt 5 and Qt Creator) but I get stuck at the screen displayed in the attachment.

Compiling from source worked (after installing some multimedia and multimediawidget libraries), but the IDE seems to currently just crash on an "Error loading penguin.rss" and a subsequent segmentation fault. I guess that's still hardcoded in at this point.

(The README needs updating, by the way! Make sure to list required libraries and ./build/QtSphere should be ./build/QtSphereIDE. :)

Reply #103
Oh oops, that penguine.rss is just for testing. I thought I removed it but apparently I forgot. Or maybe I did but I didn't push that change to the repo yet. You can just put your favorite spriteset in the same directory as the executable, run it, and it should work.

Reply #104
Alright, I fixed it and pushed the changes and the updated README.md