News

Topic: The Screenshot Thread (Read 94578 times) previous topic - next topic

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Re: The Screenshot Thread
Reply #90

Looks fantastic man. But how are the rooms linked together?

Those are overhead roof pieces.
  • Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 02:46:10 pm by Radnen
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here
Sphere Studio editor here

Reply #91
A combat system that I put up in 2 days. Uses simplified rules from Dungeons & Dragons, which means your attacks will probably miss half the time due the Armor Class system ( that's the second number beside the characters ). Will add more skills for the heroes and consumables before releasing it as a demo.

Inspired by Wasteland, pictures are from Google. Cheers.

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Used Sphere for, like, half my life
Reply #92
Nice use of colours and whitespace so far. Hope the GUI will clarify what the numbers are a lot in the future. I'm also interested in seeing how this game will play in the end! What's the game look like outside of battles?

Reply #93
Outside of combat it's top down. I posted a picture of it on this thread. And thanks for the feedback :D

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #94

Outside of combat it's top down. I posted a picture of it on this thread.

Right... Should've looked. :P

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #95
Working on a game launcher using node-webkit. It's coming along well so far.

The game names are loaded from a Sphere games directory. Yeah, I'm very structured in (re)naming game projects. :P

• N E O
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Senior Administrator
Reply #96
Non-Arial font please, kthxbai!

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #97

Non-Arial font please, kthxbai!

Don't be crackin' on Arial. :P
But changed to regular old sans-serif for now. I'm thinking of using the fonts from the site, instead.

Added what shows up when you click on a game title.

Reply #98
Is that...a preview of the game? How did you do that using Node?

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #99
That actually looks like a screen from Genesis Project, :P I think DaVince is just using a random screenshot there.
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #100
Yeah, it's just a random pic that fit the screenshot area perfectly. Would have been neat to have the game running in there, wouldn't it? :P

Reply #101

Is that...a preview of the game? How did you do that using Node?

Deh-La-Vince, master of illusions

• N E O
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Senior Administrator
Reply #102
@DaVince & Radnen - does either Sphere Studio or this upcoming launcher support a custom per project icon? I vaguely remember this being a thing being considered in a pre-1.0 version of Studio.

@DaVince re fonts - since the forums max attachment size is too small, use the following links for MgOpen Modata and League Gothic:

Modata
League

fake edit: Idea! Anyone here with a PSP like myself can tell you that when going to pick a game to play in PSP's launcher (the XMB) a small video loops. Can we get the ability to view a preview video (presumably in a vein similar to the per project icon image I mentioned above) in that screenshot box if one exists? Obviously do the normal <video> tag fallback method of WEBM->OGV->MP4->image in that spot if so and it'd be up to the project's dev to create the video.
  • Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 01:01:10 pm by N E O

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #103

@DaVince & Radnen - does either Sphere Studio or this upcoming launcher support a custom per project icon? I vaguely remember this being a thing being considered in a pre-1.0 version of Studio.

Yes, most image format types and icon types, it must be titled "icon.*" or end with "*.ico".

Sphere-sfml here

Reply #104

Obviously do the normal <video> tag fallback method of WEBM->OGV->MP4->image in that spot if so and it'd be up to the project's dev to create the video.

How would we create the video?
Anybody know of any free screencapture programs that record video?