News

Topic: The Sphere Studio v1.2.1 (Read 204282 times) previous topic - next topic

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Re: Radnen's Sphere Studio v1.1.6.0
Reply #285
That's weird it only closes the tab, doesn't quitting from an exception usually kill the whole process?
neoSphere 5.9.2 - neoSphere engine - Cell compiler - SSj debugger
forum thread | on GitHub

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #286
Usually! (I wonder if it being in a plugin has something to do with it?)

I see there is an issue with HelpLabel. It's null, and as is tradition in C# like languages, there were no checks for it being null and thus the crash.
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here
Sphere Studio editor here

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #287
VS2012 is having issues with names. It cannot compile my code because it cannot recognize this:

new MapEditPlugin.Components.MapControl();

Which is weird since it compiled just fine before I opened the map editor in the visual designer. It's the designer doing this partly because a plugin and namespace share the same name: MapEditPlugin.

This will be a consistent issue throughout the code until I change all namespaces to not equal the same name as a class in it (or vice versa) in each solution with this issue (I think most of them do). Heh, sometimes refactoring makes code easier to read / more manageable but in this case it won't compile!
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #288
Seems like a bug because in a lot of cases I've seen the designer qualify component classes using global:: to avoid ambiguity, but here it's not doing it. I wonder if VS 2013 fixed/will fix this...

Want me to refactor it while I'm doing the other stuff? I haven't gotten started on those bugfixes yet, this might give me some more incentive.
forum thread | on GitHub

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #289
Sure! Just to let you know it's generally not a good idea to have a namespace and a class share the same name. Ideologically they should mean two separate things, the class is a specific object type (unless it's flagged ambiguous) and a namespace is a general collection that defines a common thread the components do.

Also it's not intuitive to access a class or namespace - IE it won't compile if you try to access a class's static method or access a namespace. Though I do admit, the plugins make it all too simple for this to happen.
  • Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 11:29:15 pm by Radnen

Sphere-sfml here

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #290
Indeed there's a distinction, however this case it seemed the most intuitive (and I believe at least one of the pilot plugins used the same convention before I started tinkering, maybe not though): the namespace contains all the stuff belonging to the plugin, which in turn happens to contain a class representing the plugin itself.  The most logical convention in such a case is for them to have the same name.  But yeah, best to refactor it now that we're aware of the issues.

I still call VS bug, though: the language has constructs in place to disambiguate such things, and the designer will indeed load the component without getting confused.  There's no reason it couldn't generate non-ambiguous code when saving it.
forum thread | on GitHub

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #291
Alright, I fixed the untitled files and naming collisions (plugins, at least stock ones, should now use SphereStudio.Plugins as a namespace by convention), but I couldn't reproduce the tileset index exception, selecting the last tile works as expected here.  What are the specific steps you did to cause that crash?
forum thread | on GitHub

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #292
You add a tile, select it, remove the tile, and then click where it was.

Sphere-sfml here

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #293
Hm, that's a tough nut to crack.  I tried a few things to fix it, including adding a conditional to SelectTiles() that checks if the selected tile is in range, yet somehow the if condition passed (wtf?!) and it crashed anyway.  I think I'll just fire off a pull request for my other changes and leave this one to you.
forum thread | on GitHub

Reply #294
I think there's a number of contributing problems with this bug. I've looked into it and not made much progress either, but what I've found:

https://github.com/Radnen/spherestudio/blob/master/MapEditPlugin/MapEditor.cs#L467

In TilesetControl_TileRemoved, it calls TilesetControl.Select to select the tile that has just been removed.

https://github.com/Radnen/spherestudio/blob/master/MapEditPlugin/Components/TilesetControl2.cs#L212

SelectTiles adds -1 to the Selected list when a tile is invalid. This is then checked for in other places, but imo this should be changed to just ignore invalid tiles so a selected value of -1 doesn't have to be handled anywhere else. e.g. instead of

Code: [Select]
if (tile < 0 || tile > Tileset.Tiles.Count - 1) tile = -1;
Selected.Add(tile);

A better solution would be

if (tile >= 0 && tile < Tileset.Tiles.Count)
{
  Selected.Add(tile)
}

The code is quite convoluted so I'm not sure on how it all fits together fully yet, so I might be wrong on this, but I don't see a reason to keep invalid selections in the Selected list.

I'm not sure, but I think TilesetControl.RemoveTiles should also remove the tiles from the Selected list, otherwise it can contain invalid tile indexes after removal.

I'm also not sure about this:

https://github.com/Radnen/spherestudio/blob/master/MapEditPlugin/MapEditor.cs#L452

Here, on the TileSelected event, it calls TilesetControl.SelectTiles again. I think this is dead code however, it's not referenced from MapEditor.cs and if it really was being run it would probably cause an infinite loop. I think the first thing to do is to clean up the map editor and tileset code.

Unfortunately when I was fiddling with all these things I still couldn't get it to work!

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #295
Hmm, I guess I'll recode the tile selection stuff. It was elegant at one point but then there were a series of changes that kinda added code here and there and got kinda got messier as time went on.

Sphere-sfml here

Reply #296

Hmm, I guess I'll recode the tile selection stuff. It was elegant at one point but then there were a series of changes that kinda added code here and there and got kinda got messier as time went on.

I know that feeling!

Reply #297
No idea if you know about this, but this is what happens with Mono in Linux:

Unhandled Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Sphere_Editor.SubEditors.ProjectTree.Refresh () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnEnabledChanged (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnParentEnabledChanged (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnEnabledChanged (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnEnabledChanged (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_Enabled (Boolean value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.Control:set_Enabled (bool)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog (IWin32Window owner) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.MessageBox+MessageBoxForm.RunDialog () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.MessageBox/MessageBoxForm:RunDialog ()
  at System.Windows.Forms.MessageBox.Show (System.String text, System.String caption, MessageBoxButtons buttons, MessageBoxIcon icon, MessageBoxDefaultButton defaultButton) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Sphere_Editor.EditorForm.EditorForm_Shown (System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnShown (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form.SetVisibleCore (Boolean value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_Visible (Boolean value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.Control:set_Visible (bool)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Application.RunLoop (Boolean Modal, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run (System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run (System.Windows.Forms.Form mainForm) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Sphere_Editor.Program.Main () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Sphere_Editor.SubEditors.ProjectTree.Refresh () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnParentEnabledChanged (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnEnabledChanged (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_Enabled (Boolean value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.Control:set_Enabled (bool)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog (IWin32Window owner) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.MessageBox+MessageBoxForm.RunDialog () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.MessageBox/MessageBoxForm:RunDialog ()
  at System.Windows.Forms.MessageBox.Show (System.String text, System.String caption, MessageBoxButtons buttons, MessageBoxIcon icon, MessageBoxDefaultButton defaultButton) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Sphere_Editor.EditorForm.EditorForm_Shown (System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnShown (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form.SetVisibleCore (Boolean value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_Visible (Boolean value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.Control:set_Visible (bool)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Application.RunLoop (Boolean Modal, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run (System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run (System.Windows.Forms.Form mainForm) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Sphere_Editor.Program.Main () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Unhandled Exception:
System.ArgumentException: Object has been disposed.
  at System.Drawing.Font.ToHfont () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Drawing.Font:ToHfont ()
  at System.Windows.Forms.TextRenderer.MeasureTextInternal (IDeviceContext dc, System.String text, System.Drawing.Font font, Size proposedSize, TextFormatFlags flags, Boolean useMeasureString) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.TextRenderer.MeasureText (System.String text, System.Drawing.Font font) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.CalculatePreferredSize (Size constrainingSize) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.GetPreferredSize (Size constrainingSize) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDownMenu.OnLayout (System.Windows.Forms.LayoutEventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PerformLayout (System.Windows.Forms.Control affectedControl, System.String affectedProperty) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PerformLayout () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.Control:PerformLayout ()
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.OnParentChanged (System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip oldParent, System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip newParent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.set_Parent (System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem:set_Parent (System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItemCollection.Remove (System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.Dispose (Boolean disposing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDownItem.Dispose (Boolean disposing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.Dispose (Boolean disposing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.ComponentModel.Component.Finalize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Then it crashes. But it does actually show up for a moment.

Reply #298
Trying to build it using Mon (xbuild):

/home/jester/Downloads/spherestudio-master/spherestudio-master/Sphere Studio.sln (default targets) ->
(Build target) ->
/home/jester/Downloads/spherestudio-master/spherestudio-master/TaskListPlugin/TaskListPlugin.csproj (default targets) ->
/usr/lib/mono/4.0/Microsoft.CSharp.targets (CoreCompile target) ->

TaskList.cs(186,62): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `BrightIdeasSoftware' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
TaskList.cs(198,63): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `BrightIdeasSoftware' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
TaskList.Designer.cs(277,17): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `BrightIdeasSoftware' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
TaskList.Designer.cs(278,17): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `BrightIdeasSoftware' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
TaskList.Designer.cs(279,17): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `BrightIdeasSoftware' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
TaskList.Designer.cs(280,17): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `BrightIdeasSoftware' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Any ideas?

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #299
The DLL in the TaskListPlugin/lib folder is not working? Try to reattach the dependency and perhaps it will compile. If not, then I think it may not be mono-compat. It is a plugin anyways and can totally be removed.

Sphere-sfml here