News

Topic: Announcement: wiki updates (Read 7098 times) previous topic - next topic

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Re: Announcement: wiki updates
Reply #15
No problem creating the page, the hard part was getting it to look perfect--you know, OCD and all.  Thankfully MediaWiki has the preview button so I don't have to leave 100 edits in the page history. :P

Nothing seemed broken, other than, you know, the login issue.  I have to remember not to delete my cookies or I'll get signed out of the only machine I have left I can make edits with...

Here's a page I started writing for SphereFS: http://wiki.spheredev.org/index.php?title=SphereFS
SphereFS has become a pretty important cornerstone of the platform lately, even extending into Cell, so I figured it should get its own dedicated page.  It's become one of my favorite parts of working with the Sphere v2 platform, and most people won't even notice it (which is as it should be :) )

Regarding templates, I tried to use the object or function template (don't remember which one) that it says to use when creating new API pages and when I saved the page it just pasted the template code verbatim.  The {{subst:...}} things I'm talking about.
neoSphere 5.9.2 - neoSphere engine - Cell compiler - SSj debugger
forum thread | on GitHub

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Used Sphere for, like, half my life
Reply #16
The wiki is back!

This took a lot of pain and agony to get working, but finally, things are back to normal! I'm sure that things may not function entirely right everywhere, but at the very least the wiki is accessible, existing accounts work and pages and categories all seem to display correctly.

Account creation is disabled to prevent spam for the time being. I may set up a ReCAPTCHA account creation system, but for the time being, if you don't have an account, you can request one from me.

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #17
I notice the edit page looks nicer now!  Big huge buttons, etc. that weren't there after the upgrade.  I feel like the upgrade must not have actually updated everything, which would explain why it was so horribly broken.

There are a few glitches I'm seeing though.  So far:

• Explicit page titles are ignored.  Adding a {{DISPLAYTITLE:foo}} to a page no longer has any effect and the wiki just automatically adds the page to the "Pages with ignored display titles" category (which apparently doesn't actually exist, since the category link is red and clicking it takes you to an empty edit box)
  • After creating a page for DirectoryStream::rewind(), its link in the API index remained red for a while.  It even still had "redlink=1" in the URL!  Seems to have turned blue while I was typing this though...
forum thread | on GitHub

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #18
The second thing might have been a caching thing? I'm sure the first thing is some sort of extension issue; adding it to my to-do list.

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #19
The second thing might have been a caching thing?

Hm, maybe?  I thought I remember hitting Shift+F5 to make sure though... oh well, it resolved itself anyway so no big deal.  I'm just glad the wiki is visible to people again!
forum thread | on GitHub

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #20
Oh, I meant server side caching! That seems to happen on pages until they're edited.