Skip to main content

News

Topic: What's your day job? (Read 4248 times) previous topic - next topic

• Mooch
  • [*][*][*]
What's your day job?
Just curious what everyone does for a living.

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Re: What's your day job?
Reply #1
I am was a student at Portland State University, until recent. I just graduated. :)

Currently I'm unemployed, looking for work, but I kinda want to do my own thing, start an indie game company with my brother who would act as artist/designer.
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here
Sphere Studio editor here

Reply #2
I work part time at a junkyard during summers, and part time in IT year round.

Plus, I go to college. But I'm almost done with that, only one more semester. Then I'll hopefully end up working full time IT.

• N E O
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Senior Administrator
Reply #3
Currently unemployed college student, but it looks like a contract software development position might be coming my way soon.

Was previously a department lead and equity partner at a digital media agency. That was NOT a fun time :/

Reply #4
I work as a Fraud Prevention agent for a number of banks

In fact our latest client realtes to an American Bank. G-Commerce. Apparenly the guy who made it, sold it, now has come over to the UK to start the new improved METRO BANK lol

Before that I was manager of a pub, got outta that thankfully

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Used Sphere for, like, half my life
Reply #5
I'm a student, with a rather varying curriculum (learning things about graphical design, user interface design, user experience design, marketing, change management, concepting, cross-media concepting, web development, prototyping, co-design...).

I do make freelance websites for people in my spare time (when I have any), and also music for a commercial game since recently (split up the discussion into a separate thread for this).