News

Topic: neoSphere 5.9.2 (Read 523122 times) previous topic - next topic

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Re: minisphere 1.0.4
Reply #225
Yeah, I didn't fix the map loading issue yet.  I got sidetracked trying to get Radnen's game running. :P. I'll do the fix later today, it shouldn't take too long.  Just have to extract the directory info from the map path and prepend that to the tileset name and I should be golden.
neoSphere 5.9.2 - neoSphere engine - Cell compiler - SSj debugger
forum thread | on GitHub

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Used Sphere for, like, half my life
Reply #226
Ah, okay! Sorry to be premature, I saw updates and just assumed. :P In the meantime, I found another crash when trying to open either option 2 or 3 in the menu. I'm not sure what's going on because the offending line looks rather innocent:

Code: [Select]
for (var y = 0; y < this.row_amount; y++)
    { for (var x = 0; x < this.col_amount; x++)
      { var opt = this.options[x][y]; //<<<<< it errors on this line
        if (opt != undefined)

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #227

Well, several fixes (and const removals) later I got it to get to the main menu, but I can't move the cursor or even confirm my selection.  Apparently something's borked with my input routines... which is odd, since input seems to work fine in every other game I've tested.

SSFML uses a slightly different keymapping. Rename Options2.ini to Options.ini and it'll be set to use the keymaps for Sphere 1.5. I really need to manually change the keymaps, I wonder, do you use 1.5's keymaps?
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here
Sphere Studio editor here

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #228
If you mean GetPlayerKey:

Menu: Tab (I think)
ABXY: Z, X, C, V
forum thread | on GitHub

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #229
I also encountered the issue of input not being read in one of my old games. The one attached, to be exact. It expects input from the Ctrl key, but nothing happens. Escape does work for some reason.

(Note: give the game 2 seconds to really start. This is on purpose.)

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #230
I sent Minisphere 1.0.4 to a friend and she sent the following error message back:

Note that I renamed the file to Sarah.exe, put the game in startup, and the only other folder was system. It worked on Wine so I wouldn't assume it wouldn't even run on her system. I have no clue what this error means at all either.

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #231
Looks like a function used by allegro doesn't exist in her version of Windows (kernel32 is the OS kernel)...
forum thread | on GitHub

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #232
Okay, well, that's Vista. Guess we got that cleared up. Is it possible to show a more informative error?

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #233
Not really, that's an OS-triggered error while loading the executable, no way to catch it because the engine isn't even running yet.
forum thread | on GitHub

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #234
After a bit of looking around it seems that compiling with an older MSVC or with MingW would solve this. I might mess around with this later (no promises though :P).

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #235
I found this blog post:
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vcblog/archive/2009/08/27/windows-sdk-v7-0-v7-0a-incompatibility-workaround.aspx

A bunch of Win32 APIs were apparently shuffled around in Win7.  It looks like the fix is as simple as defining a preprocessor macro.  That's a simple enough thing to do, I'll add this to the queue for 1.0.5.  The next release is getting a ton of fixes! :D
forum thread | on GitHub

• DaVince
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #236
Awesome! Nice work. :D

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #237
Alright, 1.0.5 should relax the Win7+ requirement.  It was the MSVC 11 build of Allegro I was using.  I linked minisphere against the MSVC 9 libs and K32GetModuleFileNameExA disappeared from Dependency Walker. :)

I also fixed the maps in subdirectories issue, but now I'm getting an "invalid base value" error whose cause I can't pin down.  It can never be simple, can it...

@Radnen: OOH, I see what you mean about the mappings now.  I opened the options file, and saw this line:
Code: (javascript) [Select]
keys={"upKey":77,"downKey":79,"leftKey":80,"rightKey":78,"AKey":59,"BKey":55,"XKey":60,"YKey":68,"LKey":72,"RKey":76,"startKey":70,"selectKey":61}

...and suddenly understood jack everything. :P  See, minisphere uses Allegro's key constants directly, it doesn't remap them.  Obviously those values are different than whatever Sphere 1.5 defines them as.  I never thought it would be an issue since I expected games to always use the named constants, but didn't account for the possibility of keys being saved out to a file...
  • Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 08:59:42 pm by Lord English
forum thread | on GitHub

Reply #238
Out of curiosity, does Duktape support ArrayBuffers or 'let'?

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #239
I don't believe so.  I know the developer is currently working on implementing TypedArrays though...

`let` is ES6, yes?  It has some ES6 stuff, but I don't believe that's one of them.  I'd have to double-check though.
forum thread | on GitHub