Skip to main content

News

Topic: Galileo improvements (Read 3893 times) previous topic - next topic

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Galileo improvements
So I took a second look at the Galileo API (I pretty much haven't touched it since implementing it in one of the 1.x versions), and noticed there were a lot of warts to it that made it awkward to use or too rigid.  I came up with what I think is a more robust and usable design which will debut in minisphere 3.1.

The new API supports a transformation matrix per-Group, coordinates in 3D space (XYZ) as well as the ability to set uniforms for a Group's shader.  Here's the API documentation for what's in the git repo now:
https://github.com/fatcerberus/minisphere/blob/master/docs/sphere-api.txt#L729-L949

In theory it should also be possible to do basic 3D rendering by using a projection matrix, but I haven't tested that yet.  In any case it's not that far away from the original design as stolen from TurboSphere ;), but is much more flexible.
neoSphere 5.9.2 - neoSphere engine - Cell compiler - SSj debugger
forum thread | on GitHub

• Rahkiin
  • [*][*][*]
Re: Galileo improvements
Reply #1
Could you update the pegasus spec while you experiment? So that the spec is always up to date?

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Re: Galileo improvements
Reply #2
I will, once I adapt the new stuff to my Sphere 2.0 fork.  What I showed above is the Sphere 1.x compatible API, so it needs to be adapted first.
neoSphere 5.9.2 - neoSphere engine - Cell compiler - SSj debugger
forum thread | on GitHub