Skip to main content

News

Topic: Project ZeC (My Zelda-esque Clone) (Read 61222 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Project ZeC (My Zelda-esque Clone)
Reply #285
Yes it's built on Sierra and targeting Sierra, I could build targeting an older version if wanted - I've just seen so little to no feedback from anyone using it other than me so kept it with the easiest option for now.

TBH: I'm not sure what version the other person is using and I, personally, haven't used an apple computer since the era of the original little boxy Macintosh.
Sierra is the latest version of macOS the linked version of miniSphere should run out of the box on that and may run on older versions but may not, I should be able to build it for anything back to OSX 10.8 (aka Mountain Lion) with a little fiddling so let me know if it doesn't work for your friend and which version they want me to target. (If they need earlier than 10.8 it may be difficult)

When I find out, I'll let you know. I'm not sure how up-to-date their mac is.
"I am to misbehave." - Malcom Renyolds, Captain of Serenity

Reply #286
I made the unlock to it. I thought I'd show what the hidden programmers room has evolved into.

Top left: All shops
Top Middle: Message box Testing
Top Right: All dungeon levels

Middle Left: Fairy healing/Change Music
Middle Middle: NPCs
Middle Right: All Items

Bottom Left: Ladder testing
Bottom Middle: Exit to Start Map
Bottom Right: Raft & Whirlpool Testing

Raft & Ladder Testing areas exit to each other. Only the NPC room exits to the Start map.

Shop & Dungeon rooms exit to each other
Raft & Dungeon rooms also exit to each other

Edit: The bottom dock in the raft room intentionally breaks the function and leaves the spriteset as 'link' on the raft.
  • Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 07:35:42 pm by Miscreant

Reply #287
Started a Project: ZeC miniProject including persist.js. Wondering, how difficult & time consuming it would be to try to include it in to the things already created in P:ZeC.

Reply #288
Started a Project: ZeC miniProject including persist.js. Wondering, how difficult & time consuming it would be to try to include it in to the things already created in P:ZeC.

At a current total of 401 maps, there is just so much already created that it may be too time consuming to try to convert the project to include persist.js.

My next project will include it.
  • Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 02:26:56 pm by Miscreant

Reply #289
Quote from: Miscreant
Sierra is the latest version of macOS the linked version of miniSphere should run out of the box on that and may run on older versions but may not, I should be able to build it for anything back to OSX 10.8 (aka Mountain Lion) with a little fiddling so let me know if it doesn't work for your friend and which version they want me to target. (If they need earlier than 10.8 it may be difficult)

When I find out, I'll let you know. I'm not sure how up-to-date their mac is.

The version is Sierra. The current miniSphere MacOS Port should function.

• Rhuan
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #290

At a current total of 401 maps, there is just so much already created that it may be too time consuming to try to convert the project to include persist.js.

My next project will include it.
There could probably be a script that would export all of the scripts from your maps into text files - I have code that loads rmp files as JS objects, it would just be a case of working out what needed to write back out again.

The version is Sierra. The current miniSphere MacOS Port should function.
Excellent - FYI worth saying that it's a miniSphere 5 beta port, one known bug is that the startup game is unusable in the version 5 beta - just do the one of the following to get around that:
a) rightclick your game.sgm file and do open with and select miniSphere OR
b) rename your game folder as startup and put it in the same folder as miniSphere - double clicking miniSphere should then find it
c) double click miniSphere it should give you a box assking you to open something - select your game's game.sgm file and click ok.

Reply #291
All doors for level 2 coded and functional, including the shutter doors.

Reply #292
Would this be the proper formatting for a persist map javascript file?

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #293
Almost.  You have an extra spurious ( before "function" that shouldn't be there, though.
neoSphere 5.9.2 - neoSphere engine - Cell compiler - SSj debugger
forum thread | on GitHub

Reply #294
In attempting to use persist.js, I keep getting an error on startup. The program is small. 2 map one exits north, the other south. I don't have a default enter map. Just leaveNorth & LeaveSouth. I do not know enough about persist.js, Would someone be willing to look it over to determine if there actually is an error?
  • Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 06:24:47 pm by Miscreant

• Rhuan
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #295
I've not used persist.js but based on reading your error and the code I think it expects you to have a map script or each map AND for each of those map scripts to define all of the standard scripts for that map - if you want the script to be blank I think you still need it in the map script just have it as an empty function.

I think what's happening is that persist.js has overwritten the default on enter map script (which would be blank) with the one it has read from your map script file - but you didn't include one so instead of "" it got the value undefined which is what it's then trying to execute.

Reply #296
I do have a map script for each map. I put the other values in to all the scripts and left them blank.

I have 3 different versions of persist.js (Wiki & Forums version are 2 different file sizes.
The wiki page: Line 403 error
The forum: SyntaxError: missing } after property list
@Radnen  analogue.js: Also returning a missing } error but with enter: function () {}

I did ask about the map script format before I attempted. I also corrected the error @Fat Cerberus pointed out. This is becoming a very confusing functionality.
  • Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 07:55:59 pm by Miscreant

• Rhuan
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #297
Can you post the map script you're using?

The line 403 error is persist.js forcing an error as it can't run the code from the map script you've given it. (It has internal error handling designed to give you more sensible error messages)

Reply #298
Can you post the map script you're using?

Very small... only 2 maps to begin with.

• Rhuan
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #299
You have to have a comma after each function definition in the map script (other than the last one), like in the attached.