Skip to main content

News

Topic: The Sphere Studio v1.2.1 (Read 200435 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Radnen's Sphere Studio v1.1.6.0
Reply #345
When was the latest zip on tengudev updated?

I'm still getting the same crashes I was before.

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #346
That zip is pretty old, I'd wager.  I know I've contributed a couple new features (like an engine picker) since that was posted.  Sphere Studio could probably do with a version bump at this point, honestly.

The crashes I'm assuming are due to from what I consider to be a shortage of internal sanity checks in the code.  It works fine for me, but depending on configuration, maybe there's something in your setup that trips it up.  At some point someone should probably go through it to make it more robust against errors...
neoSphere 5.9.2 - neoSphere engine - Cell compiler - SSj debugger
forum thread | on GitHub

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #347
@Jester if you are adventurous enough, try compiling it in VS 2013 community, it's a completely free version of it w/ all the bells and whistles.

@Lord English: yeah, a version bump would be nice about now. Let me go do that and create a new release.
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here
Sphere Studio editor here

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #348

@Lord English: yeah, a version bump would be nice about now. Let me go do that and create a new release.

Before you do that, check your pull requests.  I just fixed a map editor crash caused by oversized tiles.
forum thread | on GitHub

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Re: Radnen's Sphere Studio v1.1.7.0
Reply #349
Version 1.1.7.0 is out, it contains new features and lots of bug fixes that Lord English and I added.

Features
1. Quick Profile Selector (quickly go between your favorite sphere engines)
2. "Open With..." Support (or drag + drop on executable support, or cmd-line support)

Bug fixes:
1. Various fixes to the editors
2. Many fixes to the project tree (renaming, copying, importing, etc)

Get while it's hot!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sl8af7flknll4mp/SphereStudio1.1.7.0.zip?dl=0
  • Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 12:08:35 am by Radnen
If you use code to help you code you can use less code to code. Also, I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Sphere-sfml here

Reply #350
I get the following error on trying to run the new version:

Code: [Select]

Jester@olympic /cygdrive/c/Users/Jester/Downloads/SphereStudio1.1.7.0
$ ./Sphere\ Studio.exe

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Users\Jester\Downloads\SphereStudio1.1.7.0\Plugins\FontEditPlugin.dll' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515) ---> System.NotSupportedException: An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous. If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569 for more information.
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadFrom(String assemblyFile, Evidence securityEvidence, Byte[] hashValue, AssemblyHashAlgorithm hashAlgorithm, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom(String assemblyFile)
   at SphereStudio.Global.EvalPlugins()
   at SphereStudio.IDEForm..ctor()
   at SphereStudio.Program.Main(String[] args)

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #351
That's an odd error, something about sandboxing.

I know what it is, the "downloaded from Internet" security flag is probably interfering with it.  You'll have to remove that attribute.  The quickest way is to copy the files to a FAT32 drive and back again.
  • Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 12:35:24 am by Lord English
forum thread | on GitHub

Reply #352
Alright, just strip the FS attributes. I can do that.
Even easier is just zipping and then unzipping again. Which illustrates a part of why I dislike zip :)

It works now. So, that was probably what kept me from using this editor for over a year.
  • Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 12:49:55 am by Flying Jester

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #353
@Radnen: How did you get the profile selector to stop looking like a Win95 control (and stop flickering, thank goodness)?  I tried to fix that myself, but I couldn't figure it out.
forum thread | on GitHub

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #354

@Radnen: How did you get the profile selector to stop looking like a Win95 control (and stop flickering, thank goodness)?  I tried to fix that myself, but I couldn't figure it out.

It bugged the crap out of me too! :P I just tapped my monitor with a magic wand (flat style: standard).

I also gave people proper credit in the About section, and bumped the copyright to 2015, since it said 2013 on it, which feels like... yesterday since all the code came back to me as if I left off then. :P

Sphere-sfml here

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #355
Oh by the way I just implemented a layer properties form. :)
  • Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 08:11:06 pm by Lord English
forum thread | on GitHub

Reply #356

I also gave people proper credit in the About section, and bumped the copyright to 2015, since it said 2013 on it, which feels like... yesterday since all the code came back to me as if I left off then. :P

A sign of good code ;)

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #357

A sign of good code ;)

It helped that 90% of the editor was in plugins with the other 10% being the project tree and the settings dialog. :)

Sphere-sfml here

• Fat Cerberus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sphere Developer
Reply #358
So I finally decided to work on that hex editor plugin I mentioned a while back (it's still under development).  This will allow Sphere Studio to view/edit any type of file in hex mode, which might come in handy for advanced users.

I know I've had to use a hex editor to open a Sphere file a couple of times, and not only during minisphere development either.  The vanilla engine especially is full of bugs, so being able to see the raw data of, say, a map file has its merits. :)
forum thread | on GitHub

• Radnen
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Staff
  • Wise Warrior
Reply #359

So I finally decided to work on that hex editor plugin I mentioned a while back (it's still under development).  This will allow Sphere Studio to view/edit any type of file in hex mode, which might come in handy for advanced users.

And that is why I made it recognize plugins. :)

Sphere-sfml here